[001] DEATH ON SIMULATION STREET.

TW :: blood/death.

Shuichi's body instinctively dove under a rock, along with the short red-headed girl beside him. His breath heaved out into wisps, as Himiko held onto the detective's arm. Her breath was ragged and raspy, as her entire body was overcome with a chilling coldness. Himiko's shaking frame held tightly against Shuichi, as he gripped back at her, trying his best to reassure the small magician. Maki scurried under a few of the rocks beside them, but not close enough to where she could hear them talking. Kiibo's deafening roars of explosions pounded against the school, as rubble clashed against the ground in a heap of fire.

"S—Saihara-Kun..." Himiko whispered, making Shuichi tighten the comforting hug further. She shook against his chest, her clammy hands gripping onto his shirt for support. "I—I'm scared.., I don't w—want to die..."

Shuichi audibly sighed, pulling the wobbly girl into his arms. He brushed through her hair, feeling a clambered wetness soak into his shirt. Himiko's shoulders shook against the detective, as he continued to run a hand through her hair. "Shhhh...I won't let anything happen to you, it's okay."

As if things couldn't get any worse, a large boulder—as which belonged to the school's logo—fell on top of Tsumugi, her blood splattering against the rock they laid underneath. Discarded robotic parts sprung into the air, clattering against the clumps of concrete. Splotches of crimson red smudged against the rocks, eerily painting them with an evil aroma. Their heavy breathing increased, as heat soon cluttered them in an overwhelming sensation. Shuichi slightly perked his head from under the rock, as he saw large debris piling near the rock, along with rubble about to file onto them.

"Yumeno-San, you need to go to Maki," Shuichi murmured, Himiko looking at him with her swelled eyes, tears streaming down her face.

Before she was able to answer, a piece of debris clashed into their rock, as he pushed Himiko off of him, her entire body trudged out from under it. "Saihara-Kun!"

She screamed frantically, tears balling up and bursting down her face as he felt another fiery rock of debris crash into the boulder he was underneath. His pant leg immediately ignited into flames, pricking at his skin agonizingly.

"Y—Yumeno-San run!" Shuichi's voice hoarsed into a grueling and frantic plead, as he saw the magician shift forward. "Don't you even dare come near me, Yumeno-San!"

She halted, her entire body trembling as she clutched her hands together. The blaring fire continued to spread up his leg, weighted rocks scowling on top of him. Shuichi couldn't help but scream in pain, his skin practically melting off of his bone. Agonizing pain coursed throughout his entire body, nerves setting ablaze, as he laid underneath the rock helplessly.

"Saihara-Kun..! Y-you—!"

Shuichi screamed out in pain, as he felt a large rock crack into his leg, seizing it into a clutter of mush and bones. The fire spreading further up his leg as all he could do was scream out of absolute and utter pain.

Maki's swift steps scurried over to the other two, her movements calculated with each foot as she wrapped an arm around the short female. Maki and Shuichi's eyes locked, a flash of pain flushing through the red-tint as she wrapped her hands around Himiko. She picked the magician into her hands, clocking her body around before turning her head to Shuichi.

"I won't let you die, Shuichi."

Maki carried the red-head in her hands, her focused stare glueing onto the rock as she sprawled over to another boulder. She placed down Himiko, the magician's entire body clattering against the rock in fear. As Maki turned around to start for Shuichi—her mission to save him—Kiibo crashed into the glass dome.