[006] BIRDS & LIBRARIES.

TW :: animal death,, vomit/throwing-up,, mention of incest.

Shuichi slammed his entire body into the air, chest heaving upwards as he breathed in huffs of air.  Heavy sweat outlined his face, circling around his hands while he gripped onto the sheets for support.  His heart pounded harshly against his chest, thumping loudly inside his entire body.

The detective looked to the side of his bed, noticing the black lump of cloth stacked neatly against his dresser drawer.  He swiped the hat onto his head and breathed out a sigh of relief, his eyes dilating at his paranoia.  Taking another glance at the dresser-side, he observed the small navy-blue capsule, the fabric seething through the air elegantly.

Shuichi reached for the present, looking down at the small box and taking a look at the opening of it.  He had been hesitant to open the box, mostly because Maki seemed so sympathetic when he had received it, which she had avoided doing the entirety he had known her.

Shuichi shifted his gaze to the window, watching his stare over the sunrise.  The sun just peeking out from behind the hill, piercing the cold sky with an orange-pink tint.  Brightly lit yellow and red reflecting off of the grass, trees flowing through the wind as the leaves plucked off the twigs.

Suddenly, Shuichi's vision started to blackout, purple and black dots imprinting themselves into his vision and blotching out his view.  He looked around frantically, suddenly becoming woozy and tired, aware of how steady and slow his movements were panning out.  Each figment of color dilated into a monochrome black-and-white, before he collapsed onto his bed again and drifted off into his head.

☽༓☾

Shuichi stood outside of his uncle's house, scowling down at the brick and paint like a disease, an infection that infected and held him down.  His uncle had just kicked him out, the man peeping out of the curtains before shoveling the fabric down and heading away inside the house.  Dark orange paint outlined the outskirts of the house, rain peddling down onto the ground as Shuichi let the water soak into his clothing.  His hair flopped down lazily, his hands clenched.  The outfit he had on stuck down on his body, rain flowing through the cloth and drowning against his skin.

"Bitch," The detective muttered to himself, kicking around the sappy mud in a fit of anger.  He stopped after a moment, looking back at the green-wooden door and socking his body around toward the road.

Shuichi stared down at the road, pavement bubbling with dirt as warm water streamed over the surface.  Cars raced and danced along with loud and heavy engine wurring, straying across the road and splashing up the water onto the sidewalk.

Shuichi seethed his lips together, reminiscing in how ugly the outside world was.  His eyes scanned around the scenery, spotting a bird on the other side of the road.  It was stuck in a tree, flailing around its wings frantically and thrashing around the leaves.  The bird continued to chirp, feathers falling off its body and tethering themselves onto the ground.  A blue tint imprinted itself on its wings, reflecting off of the gloomy clouds and sparkling a lightish-blue color.  The bird's eyes twinkling with black, the void presenting its dark aura like a vast pit of emptiness.

The detective let a smile form at the corners of his lips, upturning around his cheeks as he looked over at the bird.  He looked around the road, spotting a car in the distance and running across the road.  Shuichi reached the other side, breathing out a pent up breath and looking at the bird again.

It continued to spin around in the tree, desperately searching for a way out.  The bird's beak poking at the leaves and thrashing around its wings against the tree.

Shuichi cautiously stepped over to the bird, heightening his arm and grabbing a firm grip around the blue animal's torso.  It squawked furiously, pecking at Shuichi's hand and spewing out dramatic sounds.