[003] A GIFT; SINCERELY, MAKI.

TW :: nightmares,, blood,, panic attacks.

Shuichi thrashed around in the darkness, memories and snippets of his death raveling themselves around his vision.  Pain scorched at his senses, ear pained and ringing at all the screaming—in which—played through his head relentlessly.

"GET OUT OF MY HEAD!"  Shuichi screamed, grabbing at his hair and pulling at the clot of blue.  His face full of fury, tears streaming down his cheeks as the memories continued to play on repeat.

Despite how much he was screaming at himself to wake up, nothing was happening, as the darkness reflected each and every detail constantly.  Rinse and repeat, no matter how hard he tried to terrors wouldn't leave him.

"PLEASE...PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE!"  He continued to scream, his voice collapsing in on itself as his throat swelled up with each ear-splitting screech.  "I DIDN'T WANT THIS, G—GO AWAY!!"

No matter how much he screamed, the memories continued to flash against his vision, each painful jab tugging at his nerves.  His ears throbbing and burning as each gut-wrenching scream tore through the air.

Shuichi's scream was suddenly cut short, as he felt vomit building up in his chest.  Warm and slick crimson fell out of his mouth, as he choked out whatever ball-of-blood built into his stomach.  He continued to hurl out buckets upon buckets of blood, the red piling against his clothes and soaking into the fabric.

"S—STOP IT!!"  Shuichi tore out of his burning throat, the familiar feeling of pain building inside of his mouth.  "N—NOT AGAIN, P—PLEASE!"

Shuichi continued to beg out his bellows, hollow screams of pain and terror ripping out of his throat as he felt more blood come gagging out of his mouth.  Familiarity filled his hazy thoughts, his head spinning erratically.

".AR--IAS -U E--M"  A voice called out, sweat layering across his entire body as he felt his figure shake.  "!F--S-- --T T,-CA TS-F---BR"

"HELP M—ME!"  He screamed out, his throat growing hoarse as he continued sobbing out pleas for help or release, anything at all.  Yet, all he was met with was silence, as the voice completely slithered into absolute nothingness.

Slowly, his vision groggily turned into white, all of his pains smothering around inside his body as he stared through the light.

Shuichi felt a hand gripping around his wrist, his throat feeling hoarse and scarce.  His entire body shaking against the soft fabric underneath him and sweat layering around his skin.  Before he was able to see, he jolting up out of bed, a scream tearing itself out of his throat.

"Saihara!"  A familiar but feminine voice scrambled into his ears, the same one he had heard from the blackness.  The one that faded away.  "Are you alright?!"

A sturdy-like board made its way into his hand, the sound of metal clinking against something ringing around his head.  Shuichi's vision began growing clear, as the all-to-familiar scenery came into view.

His hospital room.

Shuichi desperately tried to steady his breathing, as they heaved out-of-control in a discarded and scattered pattern.  "Deep breaths, Saihara.  Through your nose, out your mouth, you are safe here.  You're not in the killing game any more, it's okay."

Luckily, her voice eased his nerves, calming his erratic breathing to a peaceful and normal pace.  His heart, despite his breaths, continued to thump loudly inside his chest.