[007] LAUNDRY DAY!

Start from the beginning

This felt terrifyingly familiar, yet Shuichi couldn't pinpoint how or why.  Blurred and scribbled out memories scattered around his head, looming around his conscious until he felt his entire body detach from his mind.  Faces in the memories slowly becoming clear, an icky and scratchy feeling running up his legs.  Blonde hair, mint, a voice?  He felt a scream tear from his throat but it was silent.

Shuichi was pulled back into reality when he felt Kokichi pull at his ear, laughing and clinging his wheelchair onto Shuichi's excitedly.  He felt the laundry basket situate itself onto Shuichi's lap, as he held onto the sides of the plastic and fastened his grip.  Since when was he in the wheelchair?

"Saihara-Chan!" Kokichi smiled, unlatching his ear and grabbing onto Shuichi's shoulder.  "Ibuki was just about to take u—us into the laundry rooms."

Shuichi shook his head, squinting his eyes shut and opening them again.  He didn't feel right.

"A—alright.., sorry.  I j—just zoned o—out..."  Shuichi took in a breath, Kokichi elbowing his shoulder lightly and spurting out a chuckle.  "Don't apologize!  It's totes fine."

Kokichi whipped around his wheelchair, stopping the wheels with his hand and flashing a wink, before turning back around and wheeling himself outside of the room and into the hallway.

Shuichi stood there, feeling his clammy skin full of goose-bumps, staring at his feet and looking back up at Ibuki.  She stood with her hands on her hips, her eyes crossing again while she counted each vein on her wrist, her feet holding the door open.  Shuichi tightened his grip onto the laundry basket, looking down at his thighs while his hospital gown flowed beneath his slightly extended legs.  

Maybe he was just overreacting...

☽༓☾

Shuichi rolled himself near the laundry room, his basket filled to brim with dirty clothes.  He brought himself inside, closing the door behind him.  Someone jumped in front of him, forcing him to halt and let out a strangled gasp.

"Degenerate male incoming, watch out Yumeno-Chan!"  Tenko grabbed Himiko, pushing her behind her and positioning herself in front of Shuichi.  She whipped her arms up, bending her knees and grudgingly scowled down at the detective.

"Nyeh-?!"  Himiko covered her eyes in the moment, Rantaro letting out a chuckle and running his hand through his hair.  "Chabashira-San, it's just Saihara-Kun."

Tenko looked at Shuichi, raising an eyebrow before standing back up and straightening out her back.  She brushed out her hair, looking down at Shuichi.  "Saihara-Kun!!  It's so good to see a decent degenerate like you!!"

Shuichi held his breath, his heart racing from all the chaos as he uncertainly ran his eyes around the room.

Tenko had her hair tied up in a high bun, green ribbons draped across her face and sprouting out from her hair.  She had slight green-sparkling eyeshadow pigmented on her eyelids, blush hinted on her cheek bones as she stood straight up.  Her jet-black hair swaying by her sides and her button nose poking up into the air.  Tenko's scrub was light green, her shirt tucked into her pants with a green and black polka-dot belt tied against her waist.  Her socks were black and grippy on the bottoms, her ankle decorated with glittery drawing and stickers.

Himiko had an oversized red scrub clinging to her, with rubber bands tying the loose fabric to her skin so it didn't all fall off.  Her hands were covering her eyes, her lips clasped together tight and her eyes clutched together.  She had white grippy socks on her feet, a little red ribbon clipped onto the sides of them.  Himiko's red hair brushed against her shoulders, her black hat crimped backward and lopsidedly dangling over her head.