[006] BIRDS & LIBRARIES.

Start from the beginning

The detective seemed unfazed, tightening his hold around the bird and yanking it out from the tree, still in hand.  He cupped the bird with both his hands, plastering a malicious smile around his face as he stared down at the squirming animal.

Shuichi knelt down onto the ground, letting go of the bird with one hand and tightening his grip around the feathers on the other.  He scanned around the dirt for a rock—one specifically with a sharpened edge—reaching for it and curling his fingers around the hold.  The bird continued weakly poking at Shuichi's fingers, tilting its head and looking up at the clouded sky.

"Do you like the sky?"  Shuichi asked, curling up his lip and recoiling his vision down at the rock.  "Take a long look."

Shuichi narrowed his eyes down into slits, pinning down the bird with his hand and raising the rock into the air with his other.  The bird flapped its wings against the ground, jolting its head back around the sky while its eyes fidgeted around each object.

He raised the rock higher, his muscles stretching into the air before slamming down the rock into the bird.

☽༓☾

Shuichi rose himself up once again, plummeting his chest against the air as his stomach churned with sickness.  His face grew pale as he recalled each painful bash the bird took, vomit surging up his throat sickeningly.

Shuichi jolted his head across his room, his eyes scanning each object, unable to find a bucket of any sort.  He gave in, his stomach bubbling with sick as he hunched over his bed and vomited onto the floor.  His throat squelched together with the bile, his tongue soaking up the disgusting taste as he continued spilling his guts out onto the floor.

Shuichi's head grew dizzier and light, his eyes clenched together as he continued out his vomit.

It took around five minutes before Shuichi fully stopped throwing up, his stomach feeling absolutely empty and his face pounding in pain.  A migraine surrounded his head, his thoughts shifting between the memory and the killing game continuously.

The detective used his hands to grip onto his sheets, squeezing together his eyes and pulling up his body into the air.  His hands shook against the bed as he moved himself onto his pillow and collapsed into the comfort.  He looked up at the red button, shakily reaching up at it and pressing down against it.  Shuichi let his hand collapse back down, his eyes tiredly steeping downward as he let his head spin around.  He refused to let himself fall asleep, snapping his eyes back open violently while focusing outside of the window.  Everything else seemed like white-noise, drowning out his thoughts as each noise slipped through one ear and out the other.  He just felt so exhausted.

Sonia burst inside the room, clipboard in hand as she scanned her eyes around the room.  Her pupils darted from the vomit and back to Shuichi, keeping in her breath and rushing over to his bedside.  She checked for a fever on the boy, putting her other hand to his wrist and checking his pulse.

"Oh dear!"  Sonia exclaimed, her worried tone drowning out her usual cheery one, as she let go of Shuichi's wrists and spun around toward the bathroom.

The blonde-haired nurse rushed out of the restroom, her hands filled with cleaning supply and soaked rags, the water dripping from the cloth and onto her arm.  She bit her lip worriedly, trudging herself over to the pile of puke and setting down the cleaning items.  Sonia kneeled down onto the floor, feeling the hard wood dig into her knee.

"What happened here?"  Sonia asked, uncapping the soapy-substance bottle and dripping the liquid onto one of the rags.  "If you are not feeling well, I can certainly get you some medication."