thirteen pt 2

chapter 13 pt 2
liar

| Chandler |

"Oh my god!" Brock laughs as Jake tosses me a cider can, manically smiling at me. No. I shake my head, my eyes widening behind my sunglasses, although I know he couldn't see them.

"Chaney" his voice practically sings as Carson gives a satisfied, but smug smile as the boys all start cracking their cans open. "Jake, no" I try to sound firm as Carson tosses Jake the key ring he had made sure to attach to the cooler handles. "Well would you look at that, there's more than enough for you to have one" Jake smirks as he pops a key off the ring, quickly tossing it at me.

The boys had started making their way back down the dock, but they still watched us as Jake smiles towards the can in my hand. "One" I try to sound stern as my smile takes over my face. Like a kid on Christmas, Jake's face lights up, smiling towards Everett and Carson who were intently watching us.

"I'm betting Chan" I could hear Everett mumble as Jake and I turned my attention to them. "No way, Jake all the way" Carson smirks at me as I lift my sunglasses, making sure he could see the glare I was sending him. "Chan won last time" Everett shrugs as they turn their attention back to us.

"Ready?" Jake's voice was almost giddy as he tapped around the base of the can feeling for his air bubble. "As ever" I smiled at him before quickly pressing my key into the can, bringing it to my mouth before Jake had even made the cut in his. The time advantage worked in my favour, by the time I had cracked the top open Jake had only just finished keying the hole in the bottom, giving me more than enough time to beat him in shotgunning the cider.

"And to think," I smile at him as I move the can away from my mouth, "they call you shotgun Jake" I smirk at him as the rest of the boys loudly laugh.

"You cheated" Jake mumbles as he tosses his can off to the side. "You cheated" I raise my voice to try to mock him as I put my now empty can on top of my folded clothes. "Best 2 of 3?" Jake smirks up at me, waving two cans in his hands. "Absolutely not," I scoff, I can already feel my head becoming airy by the second. "I'll have a water though," I smile as Jake watches me. "Jacob, a water would be nice" I smile again as I move towards him, reaching past him into the cooler.

"When's the last time you drank?" I can hear the smirk on his face by the tone in his voice. I didn't want to tell him that I hadn't had more than a glass of wine or a cider occasionally since early August, but I could tell by the way he had lifted his sunglasses to his forehead so his eyes could inspect my face that he already had a hunch. "Chan, how hard is this hitting you?" He laughs a little as I take a long drink of water. "I'm going to take my water and go back to the lake now" I mumble as I start to make my way back to the dock, Jake loudly laughing behind me.

"Do you want this?" Everett gestures to the watermelon float still under him as I step onto the dock. I shake my head, although the action doesn't help how already fuzzy my head feels. I try not to sway too much as the dock moves below me, ultimately deciding to just sit where I am.

"Can you turn the music down a little?" Jake smirks as he steps past me, clearly enjoying the fact that I felt that I couldn't stand on the dock for much longer. "My phones on the boat, you know how to use the volume buttons" I shrug as I lean backwards, letting myself lay on my back against the damp wood of the dock. "I'm not allowed to touch your phone, unless I missed the rule change" Jake smiles as he slowly makes his way over to the boat. "I changed my password, and I deleted your Face ID, which I'll admit was pretty slick on your part" I can feel my mouth want to ramble on as Jake lifts my phone from the boat seat, turning the volume down to be just louder than the water.