T H I R T Y - E I G H T

Beast sat on the leather couch in his private lounge, knee bouncing up and down nervously as his gold teeth clinked together in thought. His men were supposed to arrive every minute now, and he really hoped it was good news they brought.

The knocks sounded before he could finish his thought, and the silent guard by the door suddenly yanked it open, bowing his head in respect at the three men that walked in.

Beast didn't stand when the men stopped in front of him and simply motioned to the couch facing him. The three took a seat and immediately handed the short man a bunch of photos, accompanied by a phone.

"The girl was in the hospital," one of them stated at first as Beast stared at the first picture of her and Jughead hugging in the waiting room that had clearly been made from the parking lot.

"Fuck," the man cursed. "If something's wrong with her, no one is going to pay us a single penny for that. What's wrong with her?"

"We don't know," another man cautiously said. "She was released the next morning, but..."

"But?" Beast growled, not appreciating the fact that they were trying to hide something from him.

"Her parents weren't the ones picking her up. This man was."

Beast flipped through the pictures of a middle-aged man hugging the blonde in the parking lot, the younger Jones looking at them with a smile.

"And?"

"We drove behind them. They stopped at her house, but there were boxes outside. She took them to the neighbor's."

"And her family?"

"Seemed to not care."

With a disgusting smirk, Beast met the men's eyes, staring into all three pairs of them before chuckling. "We just hit a jackpot, didn't we?"

All three of them eagerly nodded and the short man threw the pictures on the table between them. "So, you're absolutely positive that Jones is in love with her?"

"One hundred percent, boss."

"And this photo..." he pointed at the few with all Jughead, FP and Betty on them, in the Jones trailer. "The father met her?"

"Seems like it."

"In that case... We change our plan."

That took the three of them by surprise as they frowned and stared at their chief. "What do you mean? We just hit the jackpot, didn't you say that?"

Beast huffed at the young man's gut and shook his head. "We're going to take her in exactly a month, on November fifth. But since the girl is important to the third Jones, there is no way he'll come alone..."

"Fuck," the same man cursed. "Do you think he'll bring all of them?"

"Listen to me!" Beast growled, causing all three of them to jolt on the spot, including the guard on the door. "Fucking hell, Stevenson, just shut up." After a deep breath, Beast smiled in a cruel way. "He won't have the guts to tell the Serpents he's dating a Northsider. But his father knows. FP will come with his son to save the girl and her family doesn't know she's gone. We kill both of the Jones men and sell her to the highest bidder in Europe."

"What about the family she lives with now? And what if she dies on the first day there? We'll all be hunted down," the talkative man rambled.

Beast clenched his jaw and fists. "Powerlog!"

The guard from the door walked to the men. "Yes, sir."

With his eyes wide, the man on the middle of the couch stared at his boss. "Beast—"