T W E N T Y - S I X

Betty was nibbling on her lower lip, hands fisted while attempting not to sink her nails into her palms once again. Her breathing was accelerating with every second as she stared at the floor under her feet, trying to ignore the blue plastic chair she was sitting on that definitely didn't compliment her ass, the material too stiff for her liking.

"Miss Cooper?" a voice suddenly said, and the girl took a deep breath, standing up. "Follow me. Mayor McCoy is ready for you now."

The young male assistant walked her up the stairs to the right door and opened it, nodding to the girl. "Thank you," Betty silently said, raising her chin up for a boost of confidence. Her mother always claimed it helped you look stronger, and she definitely didn't want to look weak at that moment.

When the door behind her closed, she was faced with Mayor McCoy, the mother of one of her classmates. "Hello, Betty. Take a seat."

She did as told and sat herself down on the armchair in the office. "Hello."

"What brings you here?"

The girl unnoticeably cleared her throat, and after making brief eye contact with the curious woman in front of her, she grabbed a big folder from her backpack that was now resting next to her feet.

"I want to talk about Southside high."

The mayor sighed, lowering her head to her hands for a moment before facing the blonde young girl again. "Did your mother send you here? If so, tell her that I won't be able to take away any more money and add it to your school, or—"

"No," Betty quickly interrupted. "No, I came myself. And actually, I wanna talk to you about how to give the students better opportunities."

"Oh. Go on, then."

The blonde cleared her throat once more, handing a few papers to the woman while she started talking about the problems in that school, about the abusive teachers, the bullying, the lack of schoolwork they get done, and everything else she knew for a fact and had proof on.

She didn't mention that she had stolen some of those files from her mother who wanted to make the Southsiders suffer, and internally smiled at the fact that she was now using them for benefiting them.

Some hours later, Jughead was sitting in Betty's car by the river, his hands cupping the girl's face as they calmly made out on the backseat. The girl was sitting across his lap, straddling him, with her knees pressed into the turquoise seats and her hands tangled up in his hair.

It was a sensual and meaningful kissing process for both of them, holding themselves back in case some other car was going to pull up, or just for the sake of themselves, not desiring to be hot messes and suffer later.

"Juggie," Betty breathed against his neck once they pulled away, her head dropping onto his shoulder.

The boy hummed, running his hand through her blond hair.

"I really need to go now."

He playfully growled, which sounded more like a tiger coughing, and the two of them erupted in laughter together, his arms moving to wrap around her and hold her close. "I don't want you to go," he said once they had calmed down a bit, breathing back to normal, even as the smiles stayed on their faces.

Betty leaned away from him a bit, her cheeks flushed as she looked at him, tilting her head down as she kept sitting on his lap. "I know. I don't wanna go either."

"Yeah? Well?" he smiled, and after a roll of her eyes, started grinning. "Fine. One more kiss?"

"Mhm," the girl smiled and gave him a brief one before leaning away again.