T W E N T Y - E I G H T

I finished this chapter in a hurry, because I'm tired and going to sleep now, so I'm sorry if there are any mistakes. I'll probably edit it a bit tomorrow, I was just determined to get it out today xx

Also, this is super long... Enjoy!

☆☆☆

With the summer ending, the new seniors received text messages from Cheryl Blossom about her annual end-of-summer pool party. The kids buzzed in anticipation, coming up with different lies to their parents as every year, mostly about spending the night at their friend's place while the friend used the same argument, simply vice versa.

This time, though, the usual classmates weren't the only ones getting the invitations. This time, the Southsiders were invited, too.

Cheryl had sent the message to Toni, without adding the inviter's name, and the pink-haired girl had shared the invitation with every senior Southsider that was going to be attending Riverdale high this year. Most of them were Serpents, but the group also included a few Ghoulies and a couple of non-gang members who just happened to live in the same area.

(Many kids from Southside High would attend Seaside High, or Baxter High in Greendale, depending on their location.)

Jughead was sitting on his couch, legs sprawled out over it, reading a book when his two best friends kindly let themselves into his trailer. The boy gave them his attention for a moment, offering them a nod of acknowledgment before turning back to the fantasy world.

Just a second later, the book was snatched out of his hands. "Enough of reading, Jug," Joaquin said and flipped the book shut, tossing it onto the bookshelf near them.

"Now I gotta find the right place again," Jughead grumbled under his breath as Toni pushed his feet off the couch, making him sit up. The boy groaned again. "Could've at least bookmarked it," he murmured.

"You got the invitation?" Toni asked, crossing one leg over the other as she took a seat, and Jughead observed her usual fishnet tights on her legs, wondering how girls could wear those without breaking them. He couldn't even pull on a t-shirt without damaging it somehow.

"Obviously," he rolled his eyes. "I gotta say, I'm impressed by Blossom. Though it was a really risky move and I wouldn't recommend trying it again.

"What's risky?" Joaquin asked, joining their conversation as he sat onto the ground in front of the couch and reached under Jughead, tugging away one of his pillows.

"God, can you two stop making yourself at home and leaving me without comfort?" Jughead said, half-joking while rolling his eyes with an annoyed expression.

"Nope," Joaquin grinned and winked at him.

"You gotta stop flirting with him now that you have a boyfriend," Toni joked.

"Oh, Kev won't mind. He has this friend Archie and flirts with him all the time." He shrugged it off.

"God, don't mention his name around me," Jughead groaned.

"What's gotten into you today, Jones?" Toni frowned. "And why can't he say his boyfriend's name?"

"I meant fucking Archie. He's constantly on my mind anyway, which is one of the stupid reasons I was distracting myself with a book anyway and..." he trailed off with a sigh. "Why do you care?"

"What did that jerk do then?" Toni smirked. "Hitting on your girl?"

Jughead rolled his eyes, making both of his friends grin. "He is, huh?" Joaquin mused.

"It's not fucking funny. He and Betty have history. She used to crush on him, but he turned her down a few years ago, and now she says she has no feelings whatsoever, but he is hitting on her all of a sudden, and... I don't know," he sighs, "I guess I'm just insecure or some shit like that."