T H I R T Y - F I V E

The next morning, Betty woke up in Jughead's arms. The boy was already awake, planting soft kisses against the skin of her bare shoulder that his shirt didn't manage to cover. She stayed on her spot for a while, until she realized a book was perched up against her shoulder and he was flipping the pages after about every minute or so had passed.

With a slight giggle, she reached her hand out under the covers and grabbed the book. She felt his laughter better than she heard it, his chest shaking against her back as his arm snaked back around her waist.

"Good morning, baby," he whispered, nudging her hair out of the way with his nose to kiss the back of her neck.

"Morning," Betty mumbled, smiling as she read the title of the book. "Why are you reading The Moonstone while cuddling me?"

"You're warm and I was comfortable and you slept too long, so..."

The blonde rolled her eyes while turning to face him. She gently folded the top part of the page as a bookmark and let the book fall onto the ground before looking at Jughead. He was smiling, and she couldn't help but do the same.

"Morning," she said again, wrapping her arm around him.

"Good morning."

They pulled each other close and Betty raised her leg to rest over his torso, wrapping him up in her completely. And even though the trailer was empty, not a single soul there besides the two of them, they talked quietly as if not to bother anyone with their loud voices.

It felt weirdly domestic and sweet, especially when Jughead got up to make coffee for himself and tea for Betty, and the girl toddled into the bathroom, only wearing one of his t-shirts.

On Monday, at school, Betty was in quite a good mood. She had skipped her morning run to arrive at the Vixen meeting at 7 o'clock, and thankfully Cheryl hadn't made them dance or practice, only establishing the date for their Annual Cheer Weekend Getaway. It was set to happen on a weekend Betty's parents were home, and the girl was thankful she wouldn't have to spend it with her family.

At lunch, Veronica was gushing about the Homecoming dance, still a little disappointed that Betty and Kevin hadn't come but gave all the juicy details about what had happened. Apparently, Reggie and Archie had gotten in a fight over the raven-haired girl, and the coach had stepped in to separate them, only to earn a punch from Archie.

"Wait, where are they right now?" Betty frowned, realizing neither of the boys was sitting with the trio.

"Archie got suspended for a week, and Reggie has detention for the same amount of time, even during lunch."

"Wow," Kevin gasped, wearing a shit-eating grin. "Now I kind of regret not going."

"Yeah, about that... How was your sleepover?"

"It was great," Betty smiled. "Cheryl needed some support, so we spent it at hers, and the mansion is kind of creepy as you know, but it was nice. I feel like we're starting to become friends. She's changed..."

"She sure has," Veronica chuckled. "I mean, she hasn't insulted any girl on the squad for like a week now."

Kevin sighed overdramatically. "That's great and all, but V, you were telling us about Archie and Reggie. What did they fight about?"

"Oh!" Veronica said excitedly. "Archie got jealous over..."

Betty let her mind wander, away from the drama and yet another love triangle that her friends had decided to create. She played with the lid of her water bottle, constantly flipping it over on the table, and in the end, just focused on her boyfriend a few tables away.