Chapter 40 |✔

"Well, I'm just so happy to see him again." I stated sarcastically as Morgan, Elle and Gideon made our way to the art gallery, hoping to find Parker Dunley.

After we told Lila about Michael, Spencer found out that the collage on her wall was literally her whole life and she told us that Dunley had given it to her.

I was still in Spencer's button up, which actually stopped at my mid-tights, but Elle had brought me one of my jeans and new shoes.

"He won't be happy to see you in pretty boy's clothes, that's for sure, mama." Derek started teasing again, something he hadn't stopped doing ever since he had seen me wearing Spencer's shirt.

   I exhaled, hitting him in the shoulder playfully before we entered the gallery, the dark-haired woman who had been next to Lila that evening packing some things into boxes.

"Ah, look who's here." She stated as she saw Gideon, they apparently had already have a conversation.

"Where's Parker?"

"I don't even get a hello?"

I smiled awkwardly, clearing my troat and holding out my hand. "Hello, now would you please get him?"

Her eyes met mine and she smirked, licking her lips as she eyed me up and down. "Those are manners, Agent. Did you teach her that, daddy?"

I snorted, trying to contain my laughter as Gideon's body stiffened; We didn't have time for this.
But even Morgan smiled to himself, along with Elle.

"Where is he?"

She rolled her eyes, grabbing one of the boxes and leaving, but not before winking at me and shouting Dunley's name in the process.

"Friend of yours?" Elle asked Gideon and he shook his head, furrowing is brows.

"No."

Then she turned to me. "But yours."

I shook my head, chuckling. "Nope, but I wouldn't mind. She seems funny."

Derek snorted, lifting his arms to ruffle my natural wavy hair.
By the meantime it had fully dried.
"And she seemed to be totally into you and Gideon. I bet she already imagined a threesome."

I cringed, trying not to think too much and get images in my head of me and Gideon with her in-. Holy shitballs, no.

"Ah, look who we have here again? Missed me too much, lil' Viv?"
My eyes met Dunley's and I cringed again, making a slight grimace before smiling awkwardly.

"Hello, Dunley." I then turned my head to Morgan, who was standing next to me, muttering "Definitely not."

"Did you give Lila Archer a collage?"

Dunley seemed confued. "What?"

"There's a photographic collage above Lila Archer's sofa. She says you gave it to her."

Parker looked at Derek, folding up the sleeves of his button-up in a bored manner.
"So?"

"So it has your face hidden all over it."

He started laughing, his hands on his waist.
"I didn't make the damn thing."
Of course, he didn't. He never did anything but still got all the credit.

I rolled my eyes. "Cut the crap, Dunley. You aren't even capable of doing such a thing. The question is, where do you got it from?"

"Because it's not like you just happened to give her a work of art that contains all her life in it." Gideon added as he rounded the man, looking around the empty gallery.