Chapter 38 |✔

Some hours later, we had figured that Lila Archer had a stalker who was killing her competetives of her career and her manager, Michael, we had to take her home without her knowing that her manager died, so she could pack some things and leave to a non-disclosure location.

I liked her, she was a nice woman and we got along pretty good, apart from the fact that she always tried to flirt with Spencer.
She gave him those eyes that made me want to scratch her own out but I had many more creative ways of committing a hate crime, so I would never do that.

"You have a beautiful house." I said, smiling at her as the three of us entered the huge house, police officers at the front for protection.

"I rent it."

"Well that's nice. Oh, and before I forget you should maybe change all your phone numbers."

She furrowed her brows, looking at me like I was crazy. "I'm unlisted."

I didn't even tried to open my mouth because I already knew that Spencer would have some statistic ready to throw it into her face.
"Anytime you call an 800 number, or an 888 number your phone number's put into a data bank that's then sold to telemarketers. If someone gets your cell phone number, they can go online and research all your records."

She looked at him, an awkward silence falling in-between the three of us, before she got up and made her way to the kitchen, shaking her head. "Hanging out with you could be really depressing."

I snorted, raising my eyebrows and pressing my lips together, while Spencer looked at me confused.
"Do you think- Is she-she right?"

I smiled, shaking my head and biting my lip as my heart fluttered.
"No, she's just not used to being around you. I think you're pretty funny."

His face lit up, a big smile spread across his lips as he automatically moved an inch closer to me.
"You really think that?"

I looked up at him and needed all my strength not to pull him down and smash our lips together at how adorable he was.
"I do. I can't talk for others, but I can say that I always feel better when I'm around you."

Damn it!
    I tried my best to keep it professional.

"Eh, earl grey or chamomile?"
My head shot to the side as I looked at Lila standing in the kitchen, looking at the two of us with raised eyebrows.

I blinked a few times, snapping out of my dreamy thoughts about my co-worker before clearing my throat and separating me from Spencer so I could think straight.
"You have green tea?"

She smiled. "Matcha?"

"Yeah, perfect. Thank you."

She then turned her head to the young doctor behind me, waiting for an answer. He just furrowed his brows at the sudden attention he was getting and I knew he wouldn't answer, so I smiled and answered for him.
"Normally he drinks coffee but an Earl Grey will work for him."

She nodded and smiled, turning around and starting to prepare the tea in the kitchen while I turned around, looking at the still confused doctor.
"What was she-."

"She asked you if you'd like some tea."

His mouth formed into an O-shape before his gaze met mine, a smirk on his lips.
"Only a Brit would've understood."

"Oh no, don't crack your monthly joke about the stereotype of British people only drinking tea. My sister hates tea."

We both chuckled and made ourselves comfortable, looking around the house and drinking the tea Lila had made us.
Her and me were sitting on the couch while Spencer looked at a collage on her wall, leaving the two of us alone.

I hated being alone with people I didn't knew. Especially since she's so intimidatingly beautiful. "So." She started as she took another sip of her camomile tea.
"What's going on between the doctor and you?"

I smiled, trying to act surprised while raising my eyebrows and lowering my voice.
"W-What? Nothing, we're just friends and colleagues, of course."

She arched an eyebrow.
"Really?"

"Yup, nothing inappropriate."

She smirked, eyeing Spencer's tall figure up and down and biting her lip.
"Well then I'm gonna give it a shot."
And before my head could even register what she had said, she was up on her feet and next to Spencer, talking to him abut the collage.

My heart screamed to do something, to get up and tell her that she should back off because he was mine, but I tried to keep it cool as I sipped my tea, examining the two bodies carefully.

Suddenly, she turned around, smirked at me another time and started to open her bathrobe, getting out onto the yard with the huge pool.

As fast as I could I got up and followed her, a confused Spencer on my tails.
"Lila, what are you-?"

"You should all calm down. The both of you."
She said before jumping into the water, splashing some of the water onto me in the process.

I cringed as the cold water hit my body, rolling my eyes at her irresponsible behaviour.
She dived down deep while Spencer and I were on the lookout, hoping the Stalker wouldn't be here anywhere, my hand glued to my gun holder.
I've already had my exam and I passed, by the way.
"Lila, get out of the water, please! It's for your own safety."

"You know, I have another swimsuit in my room, you can grab it if you want."

I snorted, rolling my eyes.
"Come on, it's not funny. And don't tell me to lighten up 'cause I don't want any more corpses to add to my corpse-list."

Spencer furrowed his brows, looking at me confused. "You have a 'corpse-list'?"

"No, of course not! I just wanted to be a bit dramatic."
I whisper-shouted, before turning back to Lila.
"Lila, for god's sake. Please just get-."

"Spencer, you should grab one too. Join me!"

I clenched my teeth and exhaled, trying to calm myself down before shaking my head at her and holding out my hand for her to take.
"Please Lila. Trust me when I tell you that I understand that you won't stop living but right now, all we wanna do is help and you have to help us so we can help you, okay? Now, please get out of the water."

She hummed annoyed while rolling her eyes, before taking a hold of my hand.
"Fine."

I tried to help her get out of the water but when she pulled at my hand, all my balance faded and I ended up falling next to her inside the pool, my clothes completely drenched and my hair wet.
If I would've known how this was going to end, I would have gotten the bathingsuit.