Chapter 7 |✔

Apparently, I was very predictable since Agent Hotchner had already bought a ticket for me.

The flight would be in one and a half hour which was why I hurried through my apartment, throwing every piece of clothing I could find into my bag.

To say I was nervous was huge understatement. I've never really practiced hunting serial killers.
I was good in talking to them, understanding why they did what they did and analizing them but I had no idea if I was able to do the the things they did.

Agent Hotchner, or Hotch, told me that sooner or later I had to do some exams, for example to proof that I could carry a gun.

I had to read a lot of lectures about profiling too, but I was happy about that. I loved learning new things and improving my skills.

As fast as I could, I ran outside of my apartment, knocking on Mrs. Williams's door, hoping she'd open up.
    Soon after, I came face to face with the grey haired women, who smiled up at me. "Genna, Darling! It's good to see you."

She furrowed her brows as she examined me for mere seconds. "Are you okay? Your face is really red and you look incredibly tired."

I nodded, smiling down at her. "Yeah, I'm fine. I just have to hurry a bit. Could you do me a huge favour?"

She looked at me and nodded, signalling I could continue.
"Could you please look after Nala and Simba for the next few days? I have to flight to Virginia for work and my best friend is on a roadtrip with her mom. She's not coming back until Friday so it would really help me if you could feed them till then."

A smile spread across her face as she nodded eagerly. "Yes, for sure. I love both of them, even when I'm not really a dog person."

I clapped my hands together happily before thanking her, grabbing my travelling bag, saying goodbye to my furry friends and getting into my car, driving down the road to the Bennington Sanitarium.
I had to at least say goodbye to her in person.

On the way there I called Hotch, telling him to meet me at the airport in 30 minutes, before entering the medical facility.

"Good afternoon, Dr. Weaver."
I got greeted by the secretary and I gave her a quick smile and nod, continuing my way to my sisters room, hoping she was awake and feeling better.

The closer I got to her room the faster my heartbeat got as I played with the cover of the books I had with me. I swallowed, knocking on her door and waiting for any sign of her.

My eyes were glued to the doorhandle and after a moment, it turned downward and my older sisters face showed up.
"Genna, are you with somebody?"

She looked frightened and as fast as I could, I shook my head. I had merely 20 minutes until I had to start my way to the airport and I didn't wanted to waste time.
   "No, but I have something important to tell you. Can I come in?"

She nodded her head just once, opening the door a bit before turning to sit down on her bed in the middle of the room.
"Are you bringing me home?"

I shook my head, placing the books on her desk and sitting down on the chair opposite of her.
"No and I won't because this is the safest place for you."

"Then why are you here?"
She lifted her legs so they were in front of her on the bed before sliding her arms around them, rocking back and forth, making the bed screech with every movement.

"I won't be able to visit you for some time, Gabby. I have to go, but I promise that I'm coming back and I'm going to read this book for you that I brought."
  I smiled at her as I lifted the book and held it in her direction so she could take a look at it.

"I-I don't know."

"What don't you know, Gabs?"

She lifted her head to look at me, her eyes shifting frantic between me and the book. "If I can do it without you."

I swallowed and felt my eyes began to water as I cleared my throat.
"You can do everything alone, I'm just helping you out a bit, Darling."

She shook her head. "When you are here, the voices do not speak as loud as they usually do. You have to stay."

Shaking my head, I lay down the book next to her and ran a hand through my hair. "I can't stay, Gabby. I have to help these people, they are in serious danger. I have to lock up the bad men who are like those who hurt Mum and Dad."

She shook her head, clearly not understanding. "B-But Mummy and Daddy are perfectly fine."

I sighed, closing my eyes. "But the people I have to help, they are not. I have to go, I'm sorry."

Tilting her head, she blinked a few times before grabbing the book and examining it. "Well than, farewell sister."

"Don't worry, Gabby. I'm coming back."

She nodded, still not looking up from the book. "I know."

I smiled softly, knowing that that was my sign to leave, before standing up, giving her one last glance and closing the door.

I ran a hand through my hair, before stepping to the next door, lifting my hand to knock.
"Hello Genevieve. What a surprise." Diana said as she opened he door.

Today seemed to be a good day for her as her smile was brighter than the days before.
"Hi, Diana. I just wanted to give you another book you could like. I'm going to flight to Virginia for some weeks and like to say goodbye."

Her face lit up and she grabbed the book I held it out to her.
   "Virginia? My son's in Virgnia too. Have a great flight and tell him that he should come and visit me when you're away."

"But I don't know-."
I couldn't even finish my sentence as she closed the door, making me smile slightly.
   I was going to miss her.

~●~

Please comment and vote! Tell me how you liked this chapter and what you think will happen next!

Love you!❤❤