Their Moment

Anna remained silent as she tried to persuade herself that Nathan was an evil man. Common sense should have told her to stay as far away from him as she could during her captivity, but she was feeling things she couldn't let go of. She knew what he had done was wrong, but she couldn't get rid of the feeling she had begun to have, wanting the man standing in front of her. Anna hadn't seen him in years, despite having spent so much of her life with him. While he held her, all she could do was replay the moments they shared, remembering the mutual trust and love they once conveyed. She remembered the good times she had with him and the times he made her laugh without fear of the worst.

Anna began to believe that he had no intention of hurting her, and she tried to convince herself that fact was true. Anna began to reflect on her stressful life back home as they stood in their moment. Her days were filled with long, intense hours working on the farm, few people to hang out with, and parents who adored her but spent little time with her. Anna began to believe that life with Nathan might not be as bad as she had imagined. She knew he'd be in control, but she wondered, "Would it be that bad?"

They continued to dance in silence to the rhythm of each other's sway. Nathan's heart began to race as Anna pressed her ear against his chest, listening to each unbroken heartbeat. She was aware that he had repeatedly stated his love for her, but that was the first time she had truly felt it.

At that moment he was the man she loved, the person she longed for, and the reason why she was alive. She wasn't thinking how he was the reason she was kidnapped, hurt, scared, and alone.

Nathan lowered his gaze to Anna, watching her body move in with each deep breath. He kissed her passionately as he gently arched her face toward his, staring into her crystal blue eyes. Anna brushed her lips against his, her heart racing faster and faster as he clung to her. Their embrace became erotic, and they both knew what was about to happen.

He began to slowly walk backward with Anna in his arms, reaching the edge of the bed as he moved his kisses down the nape of her neck while she moaned with pleasure. Anna wanted to fight it, but a voice in her head told her to let it go. She sat back on the bed, pulling herself up onto her knees as she moved toward the pillows. She kissed Nathan again and again, feeling every breath of his moving through her body. As he slowly lifted her tank top above her head, she welcomed his touch. Anna felt herself weakening as she did the same, raising his shirt above his head. Her heart began to race with confusion and excitement at the same time. She let it go and let him take all of her.

Anna pushed herself back and seemed to take in all of him, looking over his entire body as she caressed his chiseled chest, caressing it all the way to his bicep. Anna advanced him by wrapping her arms around his neck and pulling him closer to her body as she stared into his piercing green eyes. She began to kiss him passionately and with such force that Nathan was taken aback.

"Whoa, Anna, calm down, babe," Nathan said as he pulled her arms from around his neck as she continued to forcefully kiss him.

Anna looked up at him, her eyes welling up with tears. She sagged back onto the bed, pulling her blanket up to cover her nearly naked chest. She placed her hand on her brow, angry and perplexed by her own actions, and looked up at Nathan, saying, "I don't know what the hell I'm doing."

He sat down next to her, handing her the tank top she'd been wearing as he pulled his shirt over his head "There's nothing wrong with you, Anna; believe me, I want to, but I want to make certain that you want me as well. Like, you really want me. I'll give you some space and wait for you to come to me when you're ready."

As Anna began to fall for her captor, his manipulation began to pay off. She was aware that he had kidnapped and harmed her, but she struggled with the notion that he had acted in her best interests. Anna was befuddled, broken, and most of all angry with herself for almost sleeping with Nathan. As she struggled with her confusion, she turned and lay on her side.

Nathan sat there, confused as she was. He could tell she wanted to be alone, but attempted to comfort her in what he felt was a time of need. Anna was having no part in it. While she was beginning to have feelings for him, her thoughts were something she wanted to keep to herself.

"Would you mind leaving Nathan?" She inquired as she began to cry.

He respected her wishes, "Of course, Anna." Nathan then exited the connected bathroom and returned to his bedroom. He lay on his bed, hands under his head, staring at the ceiling, and thinking of Anna and how much he desired her. Nathan yearned for Anna to see his love for her and would go to any length to entice her into falling under his spell, to where she would never want to leave. Nathan had an idea as soon as he sat down to relax. He sat up quickly, deciding to go downstairs to make Anna some tea. Nathan then hopped out of bed, exited his room, and locked the door behind him, leaving the keys on a table outside his door.

Nathan went into the kitchen to get a tea kettle, a teacup, and some chamomile tea. He sat at the table, the tea kettle on a burner he had lit, and waited for the water to steep. He considered checking on the other girls as he sat but decided against it because he only wanted to think about Anna for the rest of the night.

Just as he was about to decide not to go down, he remembered Katherine, who hung suspended in her restraints. He dashed upstairs to the table where he'd left the keys, retrieved them, and dashed back downstairs, unlocking the basement door. When he went to open Katherine's door, he noticed her hanging limp in her restraints.

He quickly took her down, un-cuffing her ankles and wrists before draping her body into his arms. He hurried her to the bed, where she lay motionless, shaking her in an attempt to wake her up. Since nothing was working, he decided to put her in a cold shower in the hopes that it would revive her. He turned on the water as cold as it would go, ran back over to Katherine, and quickly picked her up to carry her to the freezing shower. The ice-cold water had only taken a few seconds to jolt Katherine awake, and she jumped up, unsure of where she was.

Nathan then slumped to the floor, his head in his hands, and asked Katherine, "Are you OK?"

Katherine could only stand up, her clothes dripping wet, and look at Nathan with utter contempt. He then dragged himself off the floor, gave Katherine a disgusted look, tossed her a towel, and exited her room, locking the door behind him. As Nathan walked back toward the stairs, Katherine stepped out of the tub and changed into dry clothes. He'd heard the tea kettle whistle, so he dashed up the stairs, closing both doors behind him, ultimately forgetting to secure the exits.

Nathan finished making Anna's tea, got her some cookies, put her delivery on a tray, and walked steadily through the kitchen and up the stairs. He arrived at her room, set the platter down, unlocked her door, and entered with her evening snack in hand. Nathan retreated to bolt the door after placing everything on her bed.

Anna then sat up and looked around at the spread of tea and cookies, wondering, "Are these for me?" She inquired in a subtle but inquisitive tone.

"Yes. Everything is for you, "Nathan replied as he took the cup and snack and placed them on the nightstand next to her.

Anna softly smiled as she took her first sip of tea and looked up at him. "Thank you," she said as she replaced the cup in its proper place.

Nathan gave her a tender smile and nodded to Anna, saying, "You're very welcome.

Anna then rolled onto her side to face Nathan, reaching for her blanket and tucking herself back in. As he got closer, she was wrestling with a slew of conflicting thoughts in her head.

Nathan knelt beside her on the floor, looking into Anna's beautiful blue eyes. "It's OK to love me back," he said softly as he brushed her hair away from her face and tucked it behind her ear.