Katherine

Nathan kept Kayla as his doll for two months before deciding it was time to move on to his second. Kayla had been a handful at first, but as time passed, she realized that a small room would be her eternal hell. She'd get to walk around the basement now and then to stretch her legs or write on the pad of paper Nathan gave her to pass the time.

Nathan's obsession grew stronger months after he took Kayla, and he set out to collect his next doll. Her name was Katherine, and she was twenty-five years old, with fiery red ringlets, baby blue eyes, and a slender build. Nathan, like the other men, had a strong desire to meet Katherine. While other men tried to date her, Nathan would be the one to permanently remove her from the market. He had been stalking her for a month before his encounter with her. He became acquainted with her daily routines and chose the one she had never missed.

Nathan and Katherine had met at a deserted jogging park. It was early in the morning, so there weren't many people around. The park was set back from the road, making it an ideal location for Nathan to meet his next victim. Nathan sat on a bench a little further back from the trail. As he drank his coffee, he pretended to read a book. Katherine was midway through her morning jog when he decided to make his move. Her hair was tightly pulled back in a ponytail, and she was dressed in a form-fitting t-shirt and tight black leggings. Nathan locked his gaze on her as Katherine ran around the path, nodding with each pass. Nathan leaned forward as she made her third pass, spilling his coffee on himself, his phone, and his book. His goal had been to get her to stop and help him, and he had succeeded. He jumped to his feet in a frenzy, as if the coffee had burned him. With one hand, he held up his soaked book while wiping the mess off his lap with the other. Katherine noticed what had happened and dashed over to see if she could assist.

"Are you OK, sir?" She grabbed his book from his hand so he could tend to his lap.

"I'm such a klutz." Nathan glanced up at Katherine with a look of embarrassment as he tried to clean his pants. "

"Crap, look at this, what am I going to do?" He looked down as he pinched his soaked cell phone dripping with coffee.

"Do you live close by?" Katherine asked. "I'm sorry I'm new here; I don't know too many people," she continued.

"No, it's fine," Nathan stated, as he laughed at himself. "I walked here from my house, believe it or not. It's OK, though; I'll be fine." He held both of his arms up as he looked at his mess. Nathan hadn't walked from his home. He parked on an abandoned dirt road by the park, and his house was only a ten-minute walk away.

"Look, I know I shouldn't do this, but you seem like you are a little stuck; I live close by, maybe a five-minute drive. Do you want to swing by my house with me so we can clean up this mess? I have rice too; we can put your phone in it to soak up the liquid." Katherine insisted he goes with her, which he happily accepted.

"Thank you so much. I'll owe you one." Nathan looked over at Katherine as she led the way to her car.

She told Nathan on the short ride back to her house that she had just accepted a teaching position at a small elementary school in the next town over. It was no surprise that she had offered to assist because she was naturally helpful. Nathan continued the conversation by lying to her about what he had done for work. He told her he was a mechanic in town, mostly working on farm equipment at Hickey Farm, which employed most of Bloomsburg.

The two's conversation came to an end as Katherine pulled into her long driveway. She lived on a dead-end street with no neighbors. Nathan didn't have to worry about being seen because homes in Bloomsburg were far apart. They both got out of her car and walked through her garage into her house. As they entered her kitchen, Katherine asked for his phone. She quickly grabbed a box of rice and poured it into a plastic bag before placing the phone inside and sealing it shut.

"That should do it," Katherine stated as she turned and smiled at Nathan. "I don't know what to do about your book, but I do have an oversize pair of sweats that may work so I can get those cleaned up."

"Sure, that would be great," Nathan gladly accepted.

Nathan slowly placed a pair of black latex gloves over both of his hands as Katherine retreated to her room to get him some new pants. He waited for her to return to the kitchen with bated breath. Nathan had gotten a rush from taking women, which gave him a natural high.

Katherine entered back into the room with the pair of pants Nathan never intended to put on. She placed them on the kitchen table close to him as he hid his hands behind his back. "Here you go, this should work," she told him.

"Hey, Katherine, do you have anything to drink? I'm very thirsty." Nathan planned to subdue her when she would least expect it.

"Sure, absolutely. Is bottled water, OK? I've got some in the fridge." Nathan nodded in reply as he accepted her offer.

Katherine opened the fridge and knelt to get a bottle of water from the bottom drawer. Nathan then took advantage of the situation and abducted her. Nathan hit Katherine with such force that she was thrown into the wall behind her as she turned to hand him the water. She stood up to flee, but he grabbed her arm and jerked her around to face him. To get her out of her house, he had to completely subdue her. To carry out the plan, he jumped on top of her, knocking Katherine to the ground and strangling her. His intention was not to kill her, but rather to render her unconscious. Katherine frantically grasped Nathan's hands around her neck as he tightened his grip, seemingly suffocating her. She tried to loosen his grasp from her neck, but he was stronger than she was and very determined. Her eyes were wide open with fear as she started to fade to black.

He flipped her over, grabbed the zip ties he'd brought from his pocket, and zip-tied her wrists behind her back. He didn't know how long she'd be out, so he had to move quickly. He dashed outside, parked her car in the garage, and slammed the garage door shut behind him. He hurried back into her home, grabbed Katherine, and tossed her into the trunk of her car. Nathan then ran back into the house and wiped down the counter he had been standing against with cleaner. He quickly wiped up the floor, where they had also struggled because he didn't want any of his DNA in her house. Katherine began to cry out as Nathan returned to the garage, holding used paper towels. He knew her neighbors would most likely not hear her, but he couldn't take that chance.

He opened the trunk as Katherine screamed franticly for help. He leaned over her and punched her in the face, enraged that she was attempting to draw attention to herself. When that didn't work, he delivered a quick blow to the head, knocking her out once more.

All he could think about was how difficult his collection was. He hadn't expected them to fight so hard. Most people would understand that, but Nathan felt they should just love him and go along with his plan without a fight.

Nathan then quickly opened the garage door, jumped in the driver's seat, and sped away to a deserted road near the jogging trail where he had hidden his car. When Nathan arrived, he pulled up to his car and switched Katherine from her car to his. Nathan had used his old car for the abduction because he was afraid that his new flashy ride would attract too much attention. Someone would remember a Bugatti if they saw it instead of a generic four-door sedan.

He threw a bottle of bleach he had brought from home into Katherine's car after closing her in his trunk while she was still unconscious. He parked Katherine's car off to the side to be more hidden from the main road, hoping it would be a while before anyone noticed.

Nathan proceeded to wipe down the inside of her car, including all areas he touched before putting on the gloves, and the outside passenger handle. He wanted to make sure that the entire car was soaked to kill off any of his DNA that remained. After soaking her car in bleach, he threw the empty container and rag into his car not wanting to leave any trace of him behind. He then went back to his car, and drove away.

He made the quick trip back to his house, carrying Katherine, who was unconscious in the trunk. After a ten-minute drive, he pulled into his four-car garage, closed the door before exiting, and proceeded to the rear of the vehicle. As Nathan approached the back of his car, he noticed Katherine had been awake and shaken with fear as she lay trembling, preventing her from saying anything. Nathan placed one hand on the top of the opened trunk, leaned in, and said to her, "Welcome home, dear."