Kayla

Nathan's twentieth birthday was approaching quickly. The house's groundbreaking was originally scheduled for the beginning of summer, three months before his nineteenth birthday. Nathan wouldn't let them start until he was completely satisfied with every detail. Pennsylvania had endured a harsh winter that lasted into early spring. With feet of snow on the ground and a detailed blueprint, construction was put on hold until all details were perfected, allowing them to build in better weather.

Construction began, and the house was worked on for seven months until November, when it was put on hold until the following spring, in March. After the short break, the home would finally be complete in August. It took him a year and five months to finish his house. It took them longer than expected to finish since there was so much intricate detail. After more than a year of construction, the Hickey mansion was beautifully completed.

Nathan stood in awe as he looked on at what he called his castle. He started to furnish his home and planned for the big move on August 28, his birthday. The anticipated move-in day had finally arrived while Nathan wished himself a happy birthday as he entered his home for the first time with it complete.

Except for his doll collection, which he eventually retrieved from storage and began bringing into their new home, he had everything moved in. Nathan built a massive glass-encased cabinet into the wall of his master suite. That would be the location for his ever-expanding collection. He classified them all the same way he had before, based on their beauty, size, and hair color. Even though Nathan had all of his dolls in their proper places, he felt his collection was incomplete because his father had destroyed five of them. Nathan decided to replace each of the five dolls with his live dolls one by one. He had a plan from the beginning, housing each of his new girls in their rightful place in his home.

During the time it took Nathan to build his mansion, he began to plan his next conquest. He had plotted against five women, some of whom were from Bloomsburg and others from other parts of Pennsylvania. He shopped for his victims the same way he did for his dolls. They had to have distinct characteristics, such as one with brown hair and blue eyes, one with blonde hair and green eyes, two redheads, one with blue and one with brown eyes, and one with black hair and brown eyes. He intended to use all of his victims as dolls, with the same features as the porcelain ones he had lost during his father's attempt to get rid of his collection.

During Nathan's trip to Pittsburgh to buy his suits, he met a lovely woman named Kayla. She was twenty-one at the time, with soft milky skin, black hair cascading down her back, and dark brown eyes. She worked at the store where he had purchased his suits, measuring his seams and assisting him with his check-out. She thought he was a handsome young man and decided to strike up a conversation with him.

"Hi, my name's Kayla; what's your name?" She glanced up at him with intrigue. Something was captivating about his presence, inadvertently putting a spell on her.

"I'm Nathan; nice to meet you, Kayla." Nathan gave her a sultry smile to reel her in.

"Are you from the Pittsburgh area?" Kayla asked. She seemed nervous around Nathan. She thought he was handsome, and his green eyes seemed as if they had trapped her.

"No, I'm actually from Bloomsburg," Nathan replied.

"Wow, you're a long way from home. What brings you up here?" Kayla continued to measure Nathan as she became enamored by the man who drove over three hours to purchase some suits.

Nathan wanted to make sure he let her know that he came into money. In his mind, he thought money could buy anything, including women. "I just lost my parents a few months ago and just came into quite a bit of money. One of the first things I wanted to buy were some nice clothes, so here I am."