Epilogue

6 Years Later

Epilogue

Lina

The colours sparkled...bangles were placed on the main counter. I wore my diamond earrings and smiled as the memory of Kivanc surprising me with these earrings flashed in my mind. He had driven me on his heavy gym bike to goldsmith's jewellery shop and personally brought these earrings for me by using his very first pay that he earned from working as the head of Nathia Gali's Forest department. He was brave and experienced in the forest structure, so it didn't take long for the department to hire him. He was a confident and strong leader.

Since that day of escaping together, Kivanc and I had settled in Nathia Gali. Marina, Dania, Hania...they moved with us to Marina's house. We had all shed so many tears together; being united had an awe feeling. Marina had squeezed me tight and called me her dearest daughter. 

All the misunderstandings had been cleared.

Feri...my baby Feri...Mehdi soon bought her to Nathia Gali. And Kivanc and I...we were never going to let her leave again. Kivanc took over handling her education funds, everything. Feri got to spend weekends with her father, but all other times, I would spoil my baby with so much love and adoration. She grew out of her complexes, pain and respected Kivanc as her stepfather. My baby was all safe in my arms now.

"Lina, come on," Kivanc now stepped into our room, carrying our three-year-old twins Sadaf and Salar in his arms. Salar was wearing the cutest little multi-coloured bandana. Just like his father, he loved wearing bandanas. Though Kivanc had stopped wearing bandanas, he would buy those for Salar...and Salar loved them. He was a tiny little bad boy. Sadaf was the opposite. She was so smart, obedient and very soft-hearted. She got scared so easily.

My kids had just returned from shopping for sweets with their father. Both of them were carrying huge candy bags in their hands. Having a rough childhood, Kivanc made sure that our children had the best childhood. He could never say no to them, so I had to play a strict role.

"I was just putting on the earrings..." I smiled, grabbing my purse from the counter and heading towards my family.

'Mum." Salar immediately started making grabby hands as I neared him. Sadaf was content in her father's arms. Kivanc liked carrying Sadaf around because he claimed that she was too tiny to walk on her own.

Grabbing my baby, I smiled as he yawned placed his head in the nape of my neck and started chewing on the wrapper of the candy bag. It was getting late, but that is the time most local weddings in this area take place.

"Oh, and I got you these." Kivanc pulled out flower bracelets from his jacket's pocket. He then had me wear the bracelets. For him, doing things for me made him so happy-like a strong shield for his family. He liked taking care of us ...liked cooking, baking...taking me out for evening drives...buying stuff for me and our children. Moments like these made me feel so cherished.

"Oh, and Saim will be taking Salar to the park tomorrow. He wants to bond with his little buddy." Kivanc chuckled, as we headed out of the room.

The marriage ceremony we had been invited to was taking place in one infamous hall of Nathia Gali. A limited no. of people had been invited-only close family members. Feri was staying with her father as she wanted to be the host.

"Tell Saim to stop spoiling our little boy. Salar now loves running towards the outdoors. He is making friends with the worms...is cycling over my plants." I spoke with firmness, yet there were amusement and a hint of humour in my tone.

Begrudgingly, I had to admit that Saim was a great uncle. He was a strong man who had gone through so much. After becoming a victim of a terrible robbery attack, his father finally placed down his foot and told Saim's stepmom that Saim was his main priority. Kivanc had told me that he was happy for his friend.