7: My New Tormentor

-Some hidden stories can change a lot-

Lina

He won't leave me alone. Everywhere I would go...he subtly followed and ruined things for me. With everyone else ignorant, he would mess up the recipes for me, purposely have me drop the dishes and just plain mess everything up for me. He had me literally pulling on my hair. Sometimes, he would even call me names such as the city brat, etc. He claimed that I had no reason to be in part of the town. I had been married to a man who was so well-mannered, soft and sophisticated. I didn't know how to deal with some man being so crass and rude to me. 

Kivanc was my new tormentor.

Working at Food and Delights had been exhausting. Among the twins, Hania was super friendly, Alizeh mostly kept to herself, but Dania literally spared me no glances. I would feel so overwhelmed sometimes, and Kivanc definitely wasn't making things easy for me. I thought about reporting this to Marina...but I knew that my words won't count when it was her nephew I was talking about. 

It was devastating how some random guy had already decided to attack an already defeated person...how his ego and manliness didn't bother about what another person could be going through.  This must be a simple form of revenge for him, but for me, he was simply pushing me before I even got to stand up...get over the agony circling in my heart. I had so much going on to bother with his childishness. 

Now wiping the main counter, I listened as the twins bickered over the channels of the radio. The restaurant had closed, and Marina and Dania were now washing dishes in the kitchen. Kivanc...he was sitting before one of the tables of the restaurants...his feet on the table. He had just casual...confident aura. 

Trying to restrain myself from scowling at the way Kivanc was sitting, I continued wiping the dishes....gaze solely focused on it. Somehow, the twins, Marina...they felt like family to me now. In my misery and desperation, I had clung on to their vibes, to get rid of the intense feeling of loneliness, and had actually found myself smiling at these crazy twins antics. Hania was so bubbly, sweet and energetic. Her energy was completely opposite from Alizeh...and it was so amusing to see her get annoyed every time Alizeh didn't share the level of excitement. 

"Guys, work is done! Let's go out for a treat!" Dania now stepped into the dining area, her heels clicking against the marble floor. I silently listened as the twins welcomed her offer. 

"Yes!" 

"Whatever."

"No chance, sis. I have work to do." It was Kivanc. He tightened his bandana and stood up as he spoke. Dania was actually his half-sister, but I learned from Hania that they didn't really get along. Some family politics...I hadn't actually asked, but Hania loved to talk while doing her work. 

"I didn't ask you. Girls, are you ready?" She turned towards the twins, completely ignoring my presence. Just like Kivanc, she also had this street-like attitude...and seemed to not like me. 

They were judging me before even getting to know me. 

"Lina, you want to join?" Hania immediately beamed at me, while her sister sneakily took control of the radio.

 Alizeh was so me. 

"Umm...I can't." I quickly shook my head...sounding awkward and hesitant. My voice sounded a bit high pitched because I had been silent for long. Talking in front of people made me feel so anxious now. Also, the reason I had refused was that I had another job, working as a tutor. I couldn't really handle any distractions. I had to work. I had to work non-stop for my Feri. She needed to know that I was trying my best. 

"Don't bother with her. She probably doesn't want to waste her time on you guys. Frankly, I think she is too boring for these kinds of things." There...he was insulting me again for belonging to the city life.