Chapter 16 • Graduation Ritual

Well...it's Friday and remember how Alex dm'd me saying that I could sign his shirt I didn't forget...I mean how could I?

Before walking straight into the school compound I stopped at one of the local stationary vendors outside. I wished her a good morning, purchased one of her black ink markers, a snack and then headed inside. For some reason I was extremely excited just to make a signature and I walked up to Jessica with the dumbest grin. She already knew what was up and began snickering at me and the marker in my hand. "Already prepared I see" she teased. I playfully, smacked her arm, shoved the marker in my pocket and started explaining how I'd execute my plans, as we toured the school oppo-walk style. "Can you even walk up to him without falling down?" she asked and threw one of my chips in her mouth. I was about to respond until the bell interrupted me and we reluctantly shuffled to the assembly area. It's not like I could've answered the question honestly anyway.

~~~

Lunch had already ended and I got to sign a few graduating students' uniform but 'apples' was no where to be found and I grew a little concerned. During the lunch assembly, I saw him around the school gate with a small group and I felt a bit relieved. "I wanna sign his shirt..." I whined to Jessica while tugging on her sleeve. "Well go!" she said trying to encourage me. "I might get in trouble though...".

Then she did something I wasn't quite ready for. "Alex!" Jessica shouted at him while waving her hands hysterically to get his attention. He looked around and when he spotted her, he casually walked over with a shy smile. My heart probably did like fifteen black-flips per second and my legs did that thing. You know when your entire body becomes jelly? yes, that.

Everyone else who also waited to stain the graduates' uniforms with signatures, started swarming around him. I didn't feel as awkward now as I did before because there were more people. Dodging some of the squirming swarm, I stood closer to him and probably a little too close because I could smell his lingering cologne. I took my marker out from my pocket and wrote a small 'Xaviera ♡' on his chest. Then stepped back to view my work and felt immediately satisfied.

"Excuse me students please return to your classes, now!" Said one of the prefects though no one paid any attention to her. Until Mrs. Influenza came out of the principal's office with a long whip and everyone immediately scattered into their classes.

~~~

I stayed in a good mood for the rest of the afternoon and that was until the bell rang to dismiss us for the school day. After a few minutes of freedom, there was complete chaos. Everyone formed flash mobs, some ran around others played music loudly and other sorts of havoc. It was basically an unofficial mini club.

I tugged on my bag straps hesitantly, I wanted to stay but I was getting picked up early and I didn't want to get in trouble. So I decided to just go since I got to sign 'apples' shirt already. I took out my phone while waiting around for a bit on the inside of the school gate.

"Excuse me, can you sign my shirt?" I looked up to see who spoke to me. 'Apples' asked with a bit of uncertainty in his voice while holding out a marker to me. "U-uhm sure" I said smiling awkwardly and taking the marker. Even though I had one of my own and I already signed his shirt.

He gave a quiet chuckle as I walked around him for a bit, looking for a clean spot and ended up signing around his wing bone. "Thank you!" he said happily waving and walked off. I was smiling like an idiot until I got a message from my mom saying she was five minutes away and I quickly pulled myself together. Another nice day... I guess the universe doesn't hate me as much.

Hope this chapter was alright guys.

k byeee~