Chapter 14 • Confrontation

A brand new day...

Today would be the beginning of a new test week unfortunately. We already completed one so there were only two tests remaining for the day. During the intermission, I, Jessica, Jewwel, Ruby and more from the gang all gathered around one of the benches on the field that was close to the patio. It could only accommodate three people but that wasn't going to stop us. While they struggled and squirmed to fit on the bench, I took out my blanket, spread it on the low grass and of course started stuffing my face.

I was about to put the hundredth bite of food in my mouth until La'Rosé who was missing from the group soon came rushing over to us. She stood in front of me for a moment, bent with her hands on her knees, extremely out of breath. Once she regained some air, she grabbed my arm and basically dragged me to wherever we were going. "Come on, today is the day!" she said excitedly as she dodged the idling people. "What are you talking about?" and I tried to steady myself but she continued dragging me and I simply let her. Until I realized that we were going over to one of the circular tables where the fifth and sixth formers usually hung out.

Before I could try to escape we were already there and I stood awkwardly in front of a slim sixth form girl who sat, glued to her phone with a friend. "Her name's Hazel" La'Rosé whispered and proceeded to alert her, "She's here!". Hazel looked up and smiled at me. "She looks scared...".

'Scared' was an understatement, I was completely petrified . La'Rosé grabbed both my frozen arms from behind and pushed me to have a seat next to Hazel. "Uhmm h-hi...I'm s-sorry..." I stuttered. She looked at me and giggled, "Hello, it's okay to have a crush...but why 'apples'?". "Actually I'm not sure..." I said feeling a bit relieved that she was cool with it. "Though Brooke made it seem like a big deal..." I spoke up feeling a bit braver. "Yeah, That's her.." Hazel responded sighing. " But...Isn't she your friend?" I asked "Yeah, well...lets not talk about her... are you okay?" She asked. "I'm sure" I said smiling. "Positive?" "yup" "Alright then" "thank you" I responded happily and plopped up smoothing my skirt preparing to leave.

That went better than expected and I wasn't even prepared. Maybe my next two tests would be even better with all this good luck I thought. I got up from the group table and went back to my spot. When I got back everyone suddenly became quiet and started cooing at me. I didn't mind, at least I accomplished something nice today.