Chapter 1 • Love at first sight?

"September is probably the worst month of school, we have waay too many assignments" I thought to myself as I stood in a line in the recreational field completely spacing out from the lecture Ms.Influenza was giving us.

 "I wanna go home"I complained to my friend slightly leaning forward on her. 

She glanced back at me smiling but shared my pain. 

The sun was absolutely merciless out here and we barely had protection. I suddenly stood upright when I noticed something at the corner of me eye that caught my attention, A fair skinned boy with dark brown hair and eyes walking along the field with his friend a little distance from our class.

 "Damn... he's kinda cute" I mumbled to myself not realizing I had said that out loud. 

My friend whipped her head around smirking at me "who ya ogling?" She asked teasing me. 

I rolled my eyes and looked to the front where the disease stood ( ms. Influenza) pretending to pay attention. 

"Tell me tell mee!".

 Well there she goes harassing me again. 

"No" I said trying to sound stern and making an attempt to ignore her. 

But just then, I saw the same boy making his way closer to the class, constantly running his hand through his hair. I had a better view of his face which consisted of a bit of facial hair, pimples,thick brows,and rosy full lips,nevertheless, he was still cute. 

My heart pace quickened and I could feel a slight blush forming, I let out a small squeal of excitement then silently hoped no one noticed. 

He was now standing next to Influenza. 

"I would now like to introduce you to a very skilled fifth form cricketer who will hopefully teach you something" The disease croaked with her hoarse voice as she left. 

The boy now took her place, and picked up a ball from the container filled with them on the ground and begun to demonstrate the many techniques of bowling.

 I looked calm and ready on the outside but in my mind, if someone saw me they'd think I were a psycho. I tried my best not to start going into my hyperventilation state so no one thought anything was wrong with me,but to think that HE was teaching us I freaked out..on the inside of course. 

My friend looked at me grinning widely, I glanced at her and almost got scared "geez don't do that you look like pennywise" I gasped "whatever" she said rolling her eyes "you like him don't you? is that what you were mumbling about? OOoOooOh!" 

I smacked her on the arm smiling my cheeks burning. "OOF that hurt man!" 

"Um can you guys pay attention..?" The boy shyly asked.

 Everyone turned to look at us, and a sudden feeling of embarrassment washed over me like a tsunami. "Uh sorry..." I blurted fiddling with the lace tie on my track pants giving an awkward smile. 

He continued the lesson and I finally paid attention.......to his features.

You would think that I would have learned by now from the incident with Don (The boy called bananas, story coming soon!) 

But nope, I'm stoopid . "Apples..." I whispered "huh?" "Apples..that's his code name..remember it" I said still looking at him. She looked at me smirking, Jessica obviously knew what's up.

End of chapter 1