Chapter 22 : One Sided

Comincia dall'inizio

"Nope. I'm just practicing here to pass the time. Not in the mood to go home yet.", he casually replied.

"Ah..", Win replied, looking hesitant.

Krist noticed the sadness in his junior's eyes thus he pretended to look at the time on the wall clock in that studio.

"Oh, look. It's almost dinner time. Wanna grab dinner together?", he offered.

Win's eyes lit up, smiling and nodding.

"Cool. Let's go.", Krist coaxed his Nong.

"Alright. What's up?", he said after having their dinner.

They are in the open area of the restaurant where they can see the flickering night lights, sipping their beverages.

Win paused for a moment, gazing far away. He took a deep breath and sigh, looking reluctant to open up his mind.

"Is it about Bright?", Krist asked. He can see the loneliness in his Nong's eyes.

Win just gently nodded, his chest is feeling heavy.

"I don't think I can go on like this. It's already unbearable.", he finally spoke.

Krist just nodded in agreement, ready to listen to his junior's cry.

"What made you give up?", he asked again.

"I now understand that he can never look at me like I want to. Though I didn't intend for him to reciprocate my feelings.. It still sucks to be in this one sided love.", the young lad said as his eyes are starting to well up.

"It's up to you.. I was in the same situation.. I was afraid to open up my heart to P'Sing.. But when I finally admitted to him the truth.. Maybe you should try telling Bright too?", Krist uttered.

"I guess.. We don't have the same luck. In your case, P'Singto has his eyes set only on you... While P'Bai never gave me a hint of interest aside from being friends. He made it clear when he asked for my help to court Nevvy. And now they are together. I don't wanna mess that up. I will step back now and let him be happy with someone else..", Win replied, a huge lump in his throat is giving him a hard time to breath and speak.

Krist scoffs at Win's speech, shaking his head.

"You are as dumb as me.", he said.

"Yeah.. I guess so.. You already got the love you wanted but you let him go..", Win replied, biting his lips, smiling bitterly.

"Yeah.. You gave up being the CEO of your father's company and became an actor.. Just so you can help Bright. Now that he have reached his goal.. You are letting him go..", Krist responded, smirking.

"Nah.. I just accompanied him in his destination. He already have everything he needed to be there.", Win retorted.

"You still take his side, huh? But don't sell yourself short as well.. You did half the job.", Krist replied, feeling sorry for his Nong.

"I'm not that naive, P'. I also took the opportunity. I thought if we get to work together and I hang around him more often, he will learn to look at me differently.", the junior responded, sighing.

Krist nodded in agreement again. Out of words to comfort his friend.

"So? What's your plan now? ", he asked instead.

"I wanna focus on being a real artist now. Since I'm already here, better make the most out of it. And by that, I may need your help.", Win replied, looking at his P'.

"How can I help?", Krist asked.

"Awesome! You've improved a lot

"Awesome! You've improved a lot. That's all I can do for you. I think you can do it on your own from now on.", Krist uttered after listening to Win's singing.

"Thank you, P'Krist.", the tall handsome younger lad smiled at his senior. Ending their 'secret' session.

"It's nothing. I owe you a lot in the past. I'm glad I can return the favour.", Krist smiled back, tousling his Nong's hair.

A pair of sad eyes were watching them through the glass wall of the music studio.