Chapter 3 {one last chance}

Amy POVBen and I go for a walk. I don't know why I said yes, but I probably because he and his dad gave me so much. It was the least I could do."I like New York," Ben says, looking into my eyes."Me too; I liked it when I was here. I guess it was a good break."He nods his head and reaches for my hand."Amy, would you like to go to dinner with me?" Ben asks."Sure, where at?" I ask."It's a surprise," he sorta whispers. I thought wrong about Ben. He seems, well, how do I put it, Different?I don't know why, maybe because I am not with Ricky anymore. We walked down the road and talked for a while about how this year would go with college. He asked many questions about John, and I answered all of them. Almost like when I was with Ricky, but nobody could replace that. We laughed and had a good time. Talking to Ben reminded me of when we were dating in high school. Everything was so confusing then I couldn't pick out any of my feelings. We have been through so much it just feels good to talk to him in a usual way, like nothing happened between us. But then I know something happened, and it is stuck in my mind, and I can't get out.He took me to this fancy restaurant on the corner, which was perfect. We talked, laughed, and caught up on each other's lives. I need to include the parts where we made mistakes. I still don't know how I feel about him and how I feel about Ricky, and it seems like I love them both. We get out of our booth and walk outside. Then he turns me around, grabs my hand, and kisses me. I kiss back. I didn't feel anything, and then all of a sudden, all the bad things in our relationship came back to me, stabbing me. It hurts. I don't think I can be with Ben, and I don't know who yet. "I love you, Amy," he whispers in my ear"I always have.""I am so sorry, Ben, I can't be with you. I am still determining who I can be with. I love you, but can we still be friends?"I ask, feeling bad.Suddenly out of know where I start to cry. All my emotions are coming out."I am so sorry, Ben. I am still trying to figure out what I want right now. Give me time to think about everything."I say, sounding harmful, well, crying."Amy, I will always love you. Take all the time in the world. I will be here for you.""Thank you, Ben. I am so sorry."I say, hugging him."Me too, Amy, me too," he says emotionless.We walk back to the apartment, and I fall asleep right away. The first day of college is tomorrow!!