Chapter 50

A/N Last chapter!! I hope you enjoyed this book that I made up as I went. Thanks for putting up with this story. Don't worry there will be a sequel and it's called "Move on."

Amy POV

My legs fall loosely from the rock I'm sitting on. The water glows from the darkness as I stare down at it. Tears fall down to the side of the rock as I continue to wipe them away. "Are you alright?" Adrian asks coming up behind me. I shake my head. "What's wrong?"
I push my legs up and hold them to my chest. "Ricky." I respond, I'm now crying even more.

"Don't cry over him, he has hurt you to much already." She comforts me. I fake a smile, but it quickly fades. "He just means so much to me." She sighs, I thought the exact same way but I moved on." For some reason this upsets me, I stand up from the rock and start walking away from her. She grabs my arm and pulls me back.

"Look I'm sorry!" I shake my head and look straight into her eyes. "Why are you friends with me?" I ask her, she looks down at the ground and I follow her gaze. "To be closer to Ricky." Both of us are crying now, I thought I found a good friend. I told her so many things.

This is the second person to run away from today, I run away, away from all the problems.

*
I don't know how far I got but I'm now at a gas station. I take out my phone and look through my contacts, my fingers shake as I scroll through.
My fingers stop when I come across Max.

He picks up at the second ring,

*Can you pick me up?* Amy

*yeah sure where are you? I didn't see you leave last night?* Max

*Sorry I went to a lake with Adrian, I'm at holiday gas station* Amy

*On my way with Carter* Max

*Thank you so much!* Amy

"What can I get you?" The lady at Starbucks asks. I went inside because I was getting thirst waiting for Max.
"Um I'll take a vanilla bean frap." I tell her taking out $5, I hand her the money and stand back to wait for my drink. "Amy?" She calls out, I quickly grab my drink and sit down. It's kind of crowded and there's a lot of people getting gas. I watch a family come in with a little baby girl and a boy.
That's how I always pictured my family, okay maybe not this young but at some point.

I stare out the the window until I finally see Max pull up. Carter gets out of the car and starts running inside, probably to find me. I grab my frap and meet him by the cans isle. "What were you thinking?!" He says noticing me.
I look at him straight in the eye and try not to cry. "Friend problems, and boyfriend problems." He gives me a sympathetic look and reaches up to hug me.

Max walks in and looks over at me and Carter, I pull away from Carter and walk over to Max. "Thank you so much for coming." I say leaning in to hug him. "What happened?" He asks as soon as I pull away from the hug. "I got mad at Ricky for cheating on me awhile back, and me and Adrian got in a fight." I explain. He takes in all the information and the he sighs. "Where would you like me to take you?" He asks looking back at the door.

"The airport." I say with no hesitation, he doesn't question my choice. He gives  Carter a look say we gotta go. Carter walk up to us and we walk out the door.

*

"Bye!" I yell from the sidewalk waving at them. "Keep in touch." Max says rolling down the window. I nod my head and walk inside the airport. I didn't bother going back to the cabin to get my stuff. I look around for a bench and I finally see one empty so I walk over to where it sits by the restrooms. That's where I wait for my flight to be called. I finally hear the speaker. It's easier because I don't have anything with me. I look for an empty spot that's when I see Ricky. We both look at each other but don't speak. I'm pretty sure we both know we are over we just don't want to make it official.

I keep walking hoping to find another spot but the only thing available is next to Ricky. "Is it alright if I sit here?" I ask as it is if we are total stranger.
He looks up at me and nods, not smiling but close. We sit there in silence until the plane takes off. He reaches for my hand and I gladly except it. Just like my new life.
Who new after this my life would be better?

5 months later
-
"Mommy!" John yells jumping into my arms. "Hey buddy, how was weekend with dad?" I ask him carefully not to upset him. When we got back we sat down and made it official. It was hard for John at first but we worked it out where Ricky would move in next door so John could see him when he wants to. Normally it's where he's with me during the week and Ricky on weekends.
"Really cool, there was this girl dad introduced me to and she's so cool!" The thought of Ricky with another girl makes me feel a little sick. I know I shouldn't feel that way but I still have feelings for him.
"Who is she?" I ask him trying to cover up my sadness but I kinda gave it away.
"His girlfriend and her names Ingrid." Obviously he didn't notice. He sets his bag down and runs to his room.

My hands start to shake and my lips start to tremble. This feels a lot harder then I thought it would. I go upstairs, and go into my room. My closet door is open so I search for a shoe box. I finally see one set down by a pair of new shoes. I get interrupted by a knock on the door. Quickly I run downstairs.

I open the door and Grace is standing there with a smile spread across her face. "What are you doing here?" I ask smiling just as big as here. "You mean 'what are we doing here.'" I give her a confused look not knowing what she means until Adrian comes out from the back of the car. "Hey Amy." She says as she reaches the steps.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, me and her haven't made up from the fight. Well we haven't talked since.
"We really need to talk." She says calmly. "And I have some good news!" Grace beams in. That explains why she's all happy. "Okay, well then come in." I say moving my hand backward.
I lead them over to the couches and of course Adrian sits by Grace across from me.

"Who goes first?" I ask, "I will." Adrian says resting her hand on her leg. "I'm sorry for everything I said to you back at the lake. I moved on I now have a daughter and a husband, I'm over Ricky. Your my best friend." I smile at her because I know I can't hold a grudge life is to short for that and these people I care for. She gets up and gives me a hug, I hug back and that makes her smile really big.

"Okay my good news time!" Grace jumps in. "Okay what?" I ask getting curious of why she is so happy.
"Me and Jack got back together!"

"Wait what?!" Me and Adrian yell at the same time. "Well we're still working out are differences but it's working."

I want her to be happy but I don't think Jack is the best way to go. "Congrats?" I say as in almost a question. Me and Adrian go up and give her a hug because I really do need my 2 best friends by my side.

This is crazy out of all are problems, we have all shared. We're right here at this moment hugging. No problems to worry about in this second. Maybe everything was meant to be.

No matter how hard it will be to let go of him I need to do it because i can't let myself the rest of my life not move on and him way past that.

I have had a crazy life, but it was all worth it. Band camp turned out to be the best night of my life because now I have a wonderful son and no one can replace that.

My parents divorce: well now my moms an actress, my dad is happily married with his first wife, and probably his last.

Me and Ricky: well that's a different story that I will figure out little pieces each day just like a puzzle and towards the end it will become more clear.