Chapter 41

Ricky POV

Amy has been in surgery for the past hour, John fell asleep in my lap saying "Mommy" it hurts me so much especially because he had to fall asleep crying. We were crying together.

Life can be so hard especially when the love of your life may not come back alive. Regret fills through me, I mean what was I thinking with clementine. She kissed me and I just couldn't stop it. I have been debating to tell Amy but now if she even wakes up I don't know how I could do it.

Amy's mom decided to stay the night with Amy and I decided she should, I have to take John home anyways.
I pull John up from my lap and I carry him out of the hospital.
When we get in the car I take out my phone since John is asleep.

I go down to voicemails and listen to ones from Amy, tears stream down my face when she says "I love you."
"I love you too." I say looking up at the sky. I'm full of hope that she will come back. I love her she is my world.

-----------------------------------

I lay beside John to help him sleep "mom" I here him mumble "come back to me." It hurts to hear him say those things, each moment that passes everything seems more real; more painful. I remove myself from his bed and walk upstairs. It surprises me as I walk into the guest bedroom were Amy started sleeping.

She has all the pictures of me and her in a neat pile right beside her bed. I grab them and hold them up to my chest. The bed isn't made from when she left this morning. The sheets are spread out but I grab them in my hand and pull them forward.
I lay down in the bed and take in the beautiful scent of her.

Someone pulls the covers down and I open my eyes to only see John there smirking. "I want breakfast!" He stars complaining. I push the sheets off of me and the pictures are spread out all over the bed. I gather them in a pile and put them on the chair where they originally were.

I haven't decided what me and John are going to do, I know for sure we will visit Amy today. I would definitely stay there the whole day by her side but John would get bored.

I have him get his shoes on and I do the same. "Where do you want to eat breakfast at?" I ask him. He shrugs his shoulder and doesn't answer. Maybe he's just still tired. We get in the car and I drive to McDonald's.

--------------------------------

John still won't talk even after I asked what he wanted. I asked him certain things and he would shake his head no, until I finally said what he wanted.
Amy needs to wake up or John might not want to talk the rest of his life.
He stands up from his spot after he finishes eating, I take that as he wants to leave. We go out to the car and I sit for a minute thinking about where to go. I decide the hospital because maybe then if he sees Amy he might talk again. It could go either way.

Once we get to the parking lot of the hospital I see George and Anne talking by the entrance. They then stop talking and hug. It doesn't end right after they keep hugging. Maybe this situation is bringing everyone closer.

As soon as Anne sees me she comes running over, George sends me a smile that I return."Amy's awake!" She claims wrapping me in a hug.
I look over at John and he has a huge smile on his face. "Can we see her?" I ask turning my attention back over to Anne. "Of course, but she is in a lot of pain." I grab Johns hand and we rush back into the hospital.

This time I have no hesitation to run into her room, she is sitting up taking a sip of water she still looks pretty bad but she is moving.
"Hey Ricky" she says looking up at me, a smile spreads across my face "hey Amy."

A/N I'm sorry I didn't post sooner I had no wifi :(
Only 9 more chapters left, I really am going to miss writing this. It was such a good experience and I had so much fun, thanks to all you readers. :)