Chapter |29|

I wake up with the fresh smell of vanilla and peppermint. I don't know how long I'm going to last in this house. Noah and I have been avoiding each other like the plague. I think Marie is starting to notice.

"Noah! Nessa! Come down now," Marie yells. I hear a loud groan come from the hallway.

I wait to hear his footsteps. I don't want to be near him longer than I need to. I head towards the living room and see a beaming Marie.

I look at Noah and see his confusion. He just shrugs. Noah still manages to look amazing. Of course he is shirtless wearing flannel, comfy pants. I low key want to rip those pants off. Jesus why did I just think that? I mentally yell at myself.

"Now that you're both here," Marie points to us. "We are going pumpkin picking!" She squeals.

"When?" Noah grunts.

"In an hour. You have to come. You can even bring Tiffany if you want, but you can't miss this," Marie demands.

Noah glances towards me. I keep my eyes directly at Marie, pretending not to notice.

"It's fine. No Tiffany today," Noah turns around and heads back upstairs.

Marie comes closer to me.

"What's up with you guys? I've noticed you have been avoiding each other. He's always with Tiffany now," She gives me a puzzled expression.

"Nothing really. I guess him and Tiffany are doing well," I fake smile.

"I guess," Marie says shocked.

"I'm gonna go get ready. Is Jess coming?" I make sure.

"Of course. It's a "family" thing," She puts quotations around family.

At least I'll have Jess to help me out even though she's five.

I walk back towards Noah's room. Since Marie said it's a family thing, that means lots of pictures. Her and my mom always do that sort of stuff. I want to wear something on the nicer side.

I decide to wear a black, cropped tank top with a blue and red flannel. I pair it with baggy jeans and white sneakers. I don't remember the last time I wore jeans, but I actually look pretty cute.

I hear Marie gathering everything from downstairs. I finish getting ready just on time!

"Noah! Jess! Nessa! I'm going to wait in the car," Marie slams the screen door.

I cross the hall into Jess's room and see her big smile. She looks absolutely adorable. She is wearing a white sweater with brown overalls. Jess even has a little bow.

"I'm so excited," She screams.

"Same!" I smile back. Even though I don't want to be around Noah.

Jess grabs my hand and we walk down the stairs. I turn around to start screaming and see Noah right behind me. He just chuckles.

"Oh you're right there," I say awkwardly.

Noah just gives me an amused expression. Then he looks me up and down. I register his outfit and see that we're basically wearing the same thing. Noah is wearing a black hoodie with a red and blue flannel, along with jeans. He does look good. I love when all guys where flannels over their sweatshirts.

"Guess we're matching," He tried to joke. I just nod my head. I immediately head into the car.

This is going to be awkward. I couldn't even say yeah without wanting to cry. I hate him for making me feel like this. I hate him for being a constant reminder that he means more to me then I mean to him.
— — —