Chapter |4|

I wake up to my alarm clock and notice it's 6:00am. I forgot I had that stupid morning detention all because of Noah making me late.

I quickly throw on a sweatshirt and shorts. I just left my natural wavy, curly hair as it is. I didn't have time to eat breakfast if I had to be there by 6:30.

I told Sophia and she said it was all good. Smith is taking her to school. The reason Sophia doesn't drive is because she doesn't have a car. However, she is saving up to get one.

I get in my car and blast the music. Hopefully this will wake me up a little bit more. I pull up to the school. The parking lot is so empty. I see like 5 cars here.

"Ne-Vanessa, wait!," Noah starts coming towards me holding drinks.

"What now? I thought I made it clear."

"Please. You know I never give up"

"Well you did" Noah looks like he expected that to be my response.

"Should've saw that one coming. Anyway, I got myself coffee. Since I am a nice guy, I got you hot chocolate because you don't  like coffee. Please tell me that didn't change during the year." He jokes and hands me the drink.

I take a sip and it surprisingly it doesn't burn my tongue.

"Thank you" I say as we continue walking inside.

"Did they put extra whip cream and chocolate sauce?"

"No" I smile and notice Noah's face drop.

"I'm so sorry. I literally told this idiots that" I put my hand on Noah's chest. We are staring into each other's eyes.

"I was joking. See?" I take off the lid and show him.

"Thank god. I didn't want to ruin my only shot"

My hand was still on Noah's chest. Once I noticed I do this weird awkward laugh. I cringe at the thought. We walk in awkward silence to Mr.Howard's room.

"Good morning Ms. Russo and Mr.Wilson. I'm going to the library, but you guys must stay here. If I see you guys leaving, you'll have morning detention for a month." Mr. Howard's face looks dead serious. This scares me.

Noah and I just nod. We watch Mr.Howard leave. Noah then turns to me.

"So" Noah awkwardly states.

"So"

"What are we going to do now" I know the exact expression on his face. He has an idea, but doesn't want to share it.

"What's your idea"

"nothing" He mumbles.

"No tell"

"Really?" His eyes light up. I just nod.

"What if you let me explain?" That was a risky move.

"Let me finish the science worksheets. Then maybe," I, myself was taken back by my response.

What if something serious actually happened? He did get me hot chocolate after I was a total bitch to him. Maybe I should hear him out.