Chapter |24|

After homecoming, everything changed. Noah was now avoiding me. I would try to talk to him and he would pretend not to hear me. He would do anything just to stay away from me. As soon as Noah saw me anywhere he would immediately turn around. He stopped eating lunch with everyone.

I feel so bewildered. I thought the dance went well for us. I guess I was wrong. I am currently on my way to hang out with Sophia, Brittany, Smith, and Jadon at Smith's. Noah isn't going, he is with Tiffany. Just perfect.

My phone starts ringing.

"Hey Nessa! Are you coming over or what?" Sophia yells through the phone. I flinch back from the intense volume.

"I'm on my way now. Bye," I hang up the phone immediately.

That is very strange that she called me. Everyone is suppose to be at Smith's around 7ish. It's 6:50. It's not like it's 8. I'm probably just overthinking this.

I'm about a street away from Smith's. I'm kind of bum Noah isn't going, but I'm still gonna have fun. Hopefully.

I pull over and park the car. I then grab my stuff and walk into Smith's. His house is so nice. The interior design is very modern and minimalistic. Don't even get me started on the beautiful kitchen.

"You're here!" Sophia walks towards me in a big smile with open arms. I give a confused expression, but hug her back.

"I am," I say in a sarcastic tone. "Anyways why did you want me here so bad?" I joke.

Sophia just gives me the bigs eyes and awkward laugh. Something definitely is going on. I'm not sure I want to know what it is.

I follow Sophia in the living room and see everyone else. Brittany and Sam are all cuddled up. Smith and Sophia are about to be. Then there is just me and Jadon. Jadon and I. The only open seat is right next to him. I hope this isn't a set up.

"Hi Nessa!" Brittany smirks.

"Look at the open seat," Sophia winks.

"It's next to Jadon. Wow!" I joke. Jadon just does an awkward laugh.

I sit next to him and feel his entire body tense up.
———-
After 30 minutes of trying to figure out a move, they finally found one. Of course it's a horror movie. Everyone keeps looking back at Jadon and smiling.
I try to act clueless and pretend I don't motive these little things.

Throughout the movie I feel Jadon causally trying to scooch closer to me. I then scooch farther away. I feel very uncomfortable right now.

Jadon yawns. It is obviously fake. I then slowly feel is right arm wrap around my shoulder. What am I suppose to do? I don't want to cuddle with him or hurt his feelings. I see Smith look back and give a thumbs up. I continue pretending I don't know what's going on.

About 10 minutes later Jadon moves extremely close to me. I have no more room to scooch over. My heart is racing. I just don't want any of this to happen. I turn to face him. His eyes go straight to my lips. He better not kiss me. I feel his head leaning closer to my face. Holy shit.

DING DING DING

We both flinch away and I realize my phone is the thing making the sound. This is the best thing that happened all night. It's around 9ish and I see Marie is calling me.

"Hello?" I try to say nicely.

"Hey Nessa. Thank god you picked up. I need you to come over," Her voice is in full panic mode.