Chapter |26|

Today is Monday. Yay. I'm really not feeling school today. But am I ever? At least this week is halloween!   Since my car is in the shops, Noah has to take me to school.

After the beach thing, things are normal. I just pretend like nothing happened and Noah is doing the same.

I am wearing an oversized sweatshirt and sweatpants. Why dress nice when I don't even want to go to this place? I put my hair in a low bun. I just decide to wear my reading glasses the whole day because I can't find my case.

I grab a cliff bar and my water bottle. Just on cue I get a text.

Hurry up buttercup!-Noah

I smile at the text. He always use to call me random nicknames that rhyme with whatever he says. I head out the door.

The most awkward part ever is walking into someone's car. What face do you make? Where do you even look? How do I walk? I always thought this that's why I liked driving and hate when people pick me up.

"Nice glasses," Noah jokes.

"Ha ha ha, laugh, funny," I reply sarcastically.

Noah smiles and selects a random radio station. He seems like he is in a good mood. His outfit is just like mine. Sweatshirt and Sweatpants. However, he can pull it off.

"Nice hoodie," Noah beams.

I'm confused at first then look down at my sweatshirt. It's Noah's. I didn't even realize.

"Thanks. I guess I hav egos taste," I put my feet on the car hood and cross my hands behind my head.

"Yeah yeah. Whatever. Now sit normal," He joking yells. I just obey.

The rest of the car ride was comfortable silence. I completely zoned out staring out the window. We arrive at school and I already hear people. Disgusting.

Noah pulls into his parking spot and I see Tiffany standing there, waiting for him. Oh shit. I low key forgot they were dating for a second. I see Noah's eyes get big.

"Hi baby," Tiffany goes your and kisses him. Noah doesn't even kiss back. Cutest couple?

Then Tiffany notices I'm there. Her face goes from joy to disgust in .2 seconds. She looks at me like I'm the devil.

"What's that doing here?" Tiffany points to me. Noah glances at me then back at her.

"You mean Vanessa. Just a deal I made since her car broke down," He emphasizes the word deal.

Tiffany just backs off. What the fuck just happened? Tiffany stopped making fun of me, that fast? Maybe she is a good person. The three of us are just standing in unpleasant silence.

"I'll leave you two alone," I say trying to get out of this situation.

"Good idea!," Tiffany says sarcastically. Noah glances at her. "I mean good luck in school today!" Tiffany continues.

What the actual fuck is happening? Tiffany is being nice? I've never been more confused.

Noah walks up to me and leans down.

"That sweatshirt looks better on you anyways," His low husky voice whispers in my ear. I can feel my cheeks heating up. Noah just winks at me and walks away with Tiffany.

What the hell is going on? I walk to my locker in utter confusion. I see Brittany and Sophia at my locker.

"You good sis?" Brittany gives a concerning look.

"I've never been more confused. Noah took me to school and Tiffany tried to say something mean to me, but then said something nice. Tiffany was nice. Tiffany," I make sure I emphasize Tiffany.

"Jeez, Noah must have her whipped. She hates you. No offense," Sophia says in amazement.

"Good morning to my favorite people," Jadon walks towards us.

"Why are you in a good mood," Brittany puns.

"Halloween is this week. The best holiday ever," Jadon smiles.

Is the kid joking? Obviously Christmas is the best! I love Christmas so much. First of all, it last a whole month. Second of all, there are so many fun festivities to do. One time I wrote a whole essay to Noah explaining why Christmas was the best. It was 10 pages long! I know weird.

"I can't wait for the party," Sophia dances. Everyone gives her a disgusted look.

"I'm going with Sam!" Brittany squeals.

"I'm going with Smith!," Sophia imitates.

I swear if I fifth wheeling, I'm gonna die.

"Don't worry Nessa, you can go with me," Jadon smiles and walks away.

"He is so into you," Brittany emphasizes.

"It's so obvious," Sophia adds on.

"Listen I like Jadon as a friend. We'll go as friends," I  make sure I repeat the word friends.

"As a couple costume," Sophia says in a duh tone.

"As a duo costume," I correct her.

"This year, you're going to look hot. No more funny costumes, but sexy costumes," Brittany states.

I love my funny costumes. That's the best part of halloween, just because I don't wear revealing things doesn't mean I'm not having fun.

"We'll surprise you," Sophia squeals. Brittany aggressively nods.

"Oh god," I pout.

"See you at lunch," They walk away all happy. Meanwhile I'm crushed. I wanted to be an oompa loompa.I walk to math in sadness. I'm excited to go with Jadon though. Maybe he'll tell them a good costume.

I arrive at math and see Noah is already in his seat.

"What's with the pout," He looks all puzzled.

"Nothing important," I frown.

"C'mon Ness spill," Noah comforts.

"I have to wear something "sexy" for halloween which means I can't be an oompa loompa," I put finger quotations around the word sexy.

Noah just starts giggling.

"That's what you're mad about. I was genuinely scared, but it's because of an oompa loompa. I love your funny costumes though," Noah smiles.

"I'm not really sad, just bummed you know?" I shrug.

"Well I hope you survive this deadly disease," Noah jokes.

"Oh shut up," I whack his head.

"Ow that hurt," He fake pouts.

"Good," I smile and start to do work.

Way to start a Monday!

~~~
Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! This is just a filler, but all I can say is be prepared for next chapter. One word Drama.

Please give me any advice. Don't forget to vote for each chapter! I would really appreciate it!

Love you all,
-J:)