Wedding Plans

March 13th:

- Twelve days until the wedding

Y/n sat with Madara at the small table in their sitting room and she shifted uncomfortably. Her rendezvous with Obito wasn't the last. Now, she told him the last time was the last time, but as she thought about it, she knew it wouldn't be. This was only making matters worse but she couldn't tell him no. It's only been twice, but she was already thinking about the next time. And the next. And when the last time would really be the last time.

Madara was reading over the guest list as she double-checked the seating arrangement. No wedding party. No one walking down the aisle but Madara and Y/n. Tsunade and Jirayia both refused to attend, making Y/n even more depressed. Granted, if the plan worked out, she'd never see the wedding dress hanging in her closet again. It still hurt her that her own parents and brother refused to attend her potential wedding. The entire Hyuga family also refused to attend.

"I find it hard to believe that your family has suddenly turned their back on you," Madara said as he sat down the list.

Her glasses pushed upwards she looked up from her task at hand, "Naruto didn't give me an explanation, and I haven't spoken to Jirayia or Tsunade since the hospital."

Madara arched a brow, "I suppose their distaste for me is enough to make them refuse."

Y/n smirked and crossed her arms as she leaned back in the chair, "Isn't this what you wanted?" She teased, "Me all to yourself?"

A chest rumbling chuckle filled her ears and she shifted again in her seat, "Who wouldn't want you all to themselves? Is everything set for the wedding?"

She glanced back down to the table at the scattered papers, "I think so," she shuffled a few around, "Kurenai needs me to finalize the music. Kisame is handling security. Flowers are ordered. Cake is ordered. Catering was finalized yesterday. You have your tux, I have my dress," she looked up, smiling, "I think that's it."

Madara picked up the fabric swatches that had picked out. Deep Navy with a red accent, whites, and blacks dotted around the room as well. "Leaving your dress in the closet is a dangerous game." His eyes didn't leave the fabric.

She stood up and rounded the table and stood beside him, "Have you looked at it?"

He turned his head to look up at her, "I want to be surprised, but I will admit that it is tempting to look at it."

This felt strange, for both of them. It was as if the incident with the truth of her parents had brought them closer. No love had grown between them, at least on her part, but she had started to wonder if she could actually trust him. It was also a dangerous game. She looked back on their time together and, aside from him shooting her, and- okay, no, she couldn't trust him. She was going insane. She's been cooped up with him too long.

His hand held her as he stood and she stepped back to give him room, "What if I told you that I've truly fallen for you?"

Y/n didn't hide her feelings as her face fell and she frowned. Madara was enjoying the newer, open, woman that was before him. "I would tell you that you've gone mad."

She looked into his eyes as his free hand cupped her cheek and she could see the change in them. Before she could see the longing, the endearment, and the tenderness. Now, admiration, desire, and love-filled his expression. Her breathing hitched as she realized his words were true. She was going to destroy him and break his heart all at once. Maybe before she would've taken some solace on that fact, but now, she simply felt like a monster.

"But I do," he stepped closer, "you've managed to find a way into my heart, my love." Madara enjoyed watching as her eyes softened, she was a romantic at heart, though she'd never admitted it.

She bit her lip and toyed with what to say, "I can't offer you the same love, Madara."

A shake of his head, "I'm not asking you to," he was insane, truly, "I'm just asking that you let me love you. Let me care for you, and Kikyo, and we'll see where life takes us. I know you're only here for the safety of your family, Kikyo included, but I want to change that."

She was dumbfounded. This side of Madara was something she's only caught a glimpse of a few times. He was being open, honest, and vulnerable. He was making her job difficult. All she wanted, all any woman really wanted, was someone to love her so purely, so deeply, and he was saying just that. Real tears, which seemed to happen frequently around these damn Uchiha's, slowly rolled down her cheeks.

"Will you let me love you?" How do you answer that? How do say no to those words? She choked on an answer so she only nodded in response.

Madara gave Y/n a tender smile and brushed her tears away as he held her face with both hands. Once her face was clean of the salty liquid he kissed her softly and held her close. She was going to hell. She would burn alongside Izuna, and ironically, she would burn alongside the man that was holding her tightly. 

The next nine days were all the same. Madara working or traveling while Y/n played with the dogs and kept checking in on the wedding. She saw Obito in passing through the halls of the mansion, the man wanting to see her as much as possible. They've been together again three more times, the third time Kisame driving her to the apartment. Obito bombarded her with questions but she assured him that Kisame was on their side. What she didn't tell Obito was that they had a tail that night.

Madara still hadn't tried to sleep with Y/n and when she asked him why he replied with: I want to wait until our wedding night. His answer had sent chills down her spine and he snuggled even closer to her as he held her. She couldn't deny the attraction to the man. She couldn't deny her curiosity about what life would've been like with him, but he's not what she wanted, not who she wanted.

Zabuza had called to check in, dropping the code that everything was in place and her plan was a go. Nine days went by in a frenzy and she now lay with Madara fast asleep with his head on her stomach as he hugged her close. Her fingers brushed through his hair and he hummed from time to time in his sleep. Her nerves were shot and she wasn't sure if this was going to work or not, but it was too late now.

She saw Madara off at the airport, he was heading to Suna for the day and would land late. Today was the day. Today was the day so many lives would change. Fugaku and Mikoto had taken their growing family into Kiri for a day trip, visiting Sakura's family on the way. Shisui was staying in bed with his newest girlfriend, Lily, the nurse from the hospital. Obito was waiting for her call, knowing Madara was going out of town. It was a call he'd never get though.

March 23rd: The day they'll never forget.