Everything

After Madara swore Shisui to secrecy, threatening his nephew's life even, and making sure he knew not to tell Obito of all people, Madara and I left. I couldn't seem to focus on anything, my mind reeling from the discovery. The hummingbird necklace was the exact same as what Izuna had purchased. I had gone to Obito's Instagram and noticed her daily post from this morning and spotted the blue and white diamond necklace around her scrawny neck. I wanted to snap that neck before, but now I wanted to slit it.

"How long-"

Madara's grip tightened on the wheel before he cut me off, "Not here."

I kept quiet and let him seethe in silence as he drove to the penthouse. I assumed he wanted to avoid Izuna at all costs and I agreed. We actually needed to talk about a lot of things I felt so I tried to plan my words carefully in order to seem calm when the time came. The building insight my palms became sweaty and I felt anxious all of the sudden.

We both were silent as we trekked through the lobby and up the elevator to his private floor. Madara quickly discarded his jacket and tie before untucking his shirt and pulling the buttons free. I sat on the plush sofa and removed my boots and the poncho shirt and sat them on the table. I buried my face in my hands, my glasses on my head and I listened to Madara pace behind me.

"What does she gain by sleeping with him?" I mumbled into my hands.

I heard a grunt from the angered man, "What does either one of them gain?"

I lifted my head, replacing my glasses and looked back to him, "Do you think they actually love each other?" I couldn't even fathom how that was possible. "How long have they even been seeing each other? What's the point of marrying Obito if she could just have Izuna?"

Madara didn't seem to care for my last question, but he still answered the entire thought, "I have no idea, about any of it. It doesn't make sense that she would try and seduce Obito before or after she's managed to have whatever kind of relationship this is with Izuna."

Exactly. "What are you going to do?" I was nervous about this question, but I held out hope that he'd postpone Obito's engagement announcement at least.

He stopped his pacing and looked at me, "First," he approached the couch, "I'm going to lay it all out on the line." I blinked as I watched him sit next to me.

I placed a hand on his thigh and felt how tense he was, "Madara," he turned his head slightly, "let's worry about one thing at a time."

He shook his head and those dark orbs studied the contents of the coffee table for a moment. "It's likely all connected somehow." His hands were together and elbows on his thighs, "I knew everything about you before you came back to Konoha."

My hand involuntarily gripped his thigh, "What do you mean?" I relaxed my hand even though I was still in the middle of panicking.

I heard a tired sigh leave him and he put a hand over mine as he leaned back on the couch, "Naruto had come to see Sasuke one day at the office," this was going to be a long explanation, "he mentioned his sister coming home and then said your name. I had to rack my brain for why I knew who you were, but when I remembered, I had Sasori look into you."

He became quiet and I felt... worried, "Look into me?" This was becoming more and more like that fatal car accident that you couldn't turn your head away from as you drive past, but you shouldn't look.

"I knew about you going to boarding school, nursing school, and college. I knew about your dancing and swimming, even your one semester of volleyball. I knew about your engagement to Kakashi, and even your relationship with Ry. Your arrangement with Pein-"