Chapter 6: Stop the System

The next day Michael headed to the transportation system. There was a long table sitting out in the patio that is covered with pots of fern. At the head of the desk is a five year old looking child who in reality was 23 years old. Her nametag read Madison Lily.

“Ah so Carter, have you completed the arrangements?” she asked.

“Be quiet. Few people know of my true identity,” Michael rudely lashed out.

Madison laughed.

“Still need to keep your cover concealed to ship off the next unwanted-former-Main-Kingdom-citizen?” she asked sticking out her tongue.

“Just because you look like a 10 year old, it does not mean you have to act like one,” he replied with a disgusted snort.

“All well. I just need you to finish up the paper work so that you can hand it in. We can get Margot out in the next 3 days at the latest,” she replied in a business-like manner.

“Is there any way to stop the process,” he asked urgently.

“And why would you try to stop the process so late in the game?” she asked.

“I don’t know,” he replied distractedly, “But is there a solution?”

Meanwhile Margot was walking along the path in the Six Flags amusement park with Kevin and Kerri.

 Kerri looked annoyed walking in between Kevin and Margot because she was aware that she would have to leave Jez Island in less than a week.

“I understand that Michael cannot come but why can’t Carter,” Margot grumbled.

“Oh you two, stop moping,” Kevin commanded.

Margot and Kerri both stopped to stare at Kevin.

“We only have 4 more days here and you don’t care at all. What good friend you are,” Kerri spitted sarcastically.

“Sorry. My bad,” Kevin said with his hands up in a defensivly position.

 “Aren’t we supposed to be having fun at an amusement park,” he wondered out loud.

Margot let out a small laugh and linked her arms into Kerri’s arm and dragged her around to the funnel cake stand.

“We will cure our worries with this delicious funnel cake,” Margot declared.

Kerri finally managed a chuckle.

“Everybody funnel cake is on me,” he stated.

“Even if I buy the whole stand,” Kerri inquired with a glint in her eye.

Kevin shook his head and grins that she was in a better mood.

As the three raised their spirits, Michael desperately tried to find solutions to keeping Margot and Kerri in Jez.