Majestically in Love

Poem:

Don’t judge a book by its cover

Or rather

Don’t look too deep into the lives of others

In all honesty

There is always a secret to be told

And a secret to be discovered

Story Prologue:

Margot Dark walks amongst the busy market looking for her long lost friend although it is useless since he is not due to her country for another two years.  Margot cannot help but get distracted from her tedious assignment for the government.  Margot is a part of the system the government established due to the increase of crime a decade ago.  She carries a list that distinguishes the certain people who deserve punishment.  The list goes on to describe the punishment and if there is any hope that the person could change their ways to avoid the punishment.

Margot was initially delighted to be assigned such a position because she loves to help people change their fate.  Unfortunately, due to her innocence, she had not discovered the true intentions of the government that ruled her country.  It took one of her best friends to land himself on the list.  Her best friend Chad Ergo had the glorious position of being a part of the same organization under the government.  That was until he demonstrated an unnatural skill.

Chad is a shifter, yet he can only shift into human beings that he creates.  The issue was not kept a secret.  The problem for Chad was that he never learned of this ability so he had no idea he could do it.   One day when he was desperate to capture an agent of another government, he felt a huge urge and desire to be another person because his cover was blown.  He lost all memory of events that occurred that day and went wandering around the streets.   A pedestrian having witness his shifting turned him into the police.  The police came and at that moment Chad knew he better turn in some ID.  Thus leading for him the shift in front of the policemen who jotted down his name and reported it to the government officials.  This was surprising to him because he was not aware of his skills himself.  The next morning Margot was called in to get a new list and on the top of her list was Chad Mike Ergo in capital letters with the directions to immediately kill him with the “justification” that he was a shifter.         

Chad fled the country once he was confronted with Margot that he was on the list.  He went in search for his grandfather who was known as the last shifter to master his shifting abilities.  Chad promised Margot that he would come for her so that she is able to escape the absurd and corrupt government.  So in the meantime Margot is to appear as if she is not rebelling although she is furious at the government.

On this particular day Margot notices a young girl blatantly staring at her. Margot checks her reflection in the mirror and does not notice anything out of the ordinary. Margot raises an eyebrow at the young girl who simply shrugs her shoulders and indicates with a head motion for Margot to enter the store to the young girl’s left. Margot is left wondering if she should follow the young girl or not, wondering if it is a trap for her and someone is baiting her using the young girl.

Margot decides that she should follow the young girl who seems innocent. As Margot enters the store she does not immediately see the young girl and consequently she takes a step back until she hears

“Come in. I don’t bite”. The young girl steps out from a room that has an entrance way of a curtain. Margot chuckles and follows the young girl deeper into the store.

Once they find a room that is completely hidden, the young girl and Margot have a seat in the only two stools in the room. Margot having felt slightly superstitious is suddenly relieved once no one comes looking for them. Margot figures it is time to figure out what the youngster found so interesting that she called her out amongst all other people in the market.

“So you are…” Margot questions Kerri.

“I am Kerri Tonya Williams”, Kerri replies.

“And do you know who I am”, Margot inquires.

“You are Margot Opari Dark. I asked you out here because I figured that you are a person who is disguised as a bad person who works for the government, yet you are in fact trying to resist the government”, Kerri informs Margot.

“I see”, Margot says with a nod of her head.

In three days Margot understood what Kerri meant. Kerri from then on was Margot’s guide to letting people on the list off the hook so that Margot did not have to feel guilty. But that was also the time when the government did not approve of Margot’s tactics. Margot and Kerri were both sent on the list of Susan’s and Andre’s. Just barely escaping death Margot and Kerri are protected by a guy named Kane, who in reality is the shifter self of Chad. Now all of them are on the list and are banned from the country. But the catch is that they need to find Chad and kill him before they are set free. Kane having felt great shame to pull Margot to her death sentence turns himself in. The government executes him leaving Margot and Kerri sad that their hero and Margot’s long lost friend is dead yet they leave to go to the country, that all of the people from their country were banned to.