***

The first month and half since Championship's opening ceremony had passed with no more drama and unexpected hospital visits. Each team had had a match and the next round of matches before the elimination was going to begin soon.

We had returned to a tight training schedule, spending entire day in the gym, heading out only for meals or sleep. The close coming eliminations were already taking a toll on all of us.

Max and Miriam were spending lesser time ogling at each other.

Ray and Mariah hadn't met up in days — except for dinner, like last night.

Kenny and Emily, after overworking themselves too much, sat together at meals easing their tension. I allowed it, well because, it increased our Chief's productivity.

Tyson and Hilary spent all their free time putting their heads together creating tactics for the upcoming match.

I and Nikita had gone off to a friendly state – the romantic tension evaporating. Often at nights she and I met on our shared balcony – to talk.

Just as we had promised each other, we were trying to give up on our habit of making any romantic advances for the year. In fact the topic hadn't popped up since she was released from the hospital.

We tried to keep from doing anything romantic. Tried being the key word here.

Tonight, too, we sat across each other on bean bags. Tonight we were stargazing. The silence spread between us was slightly heavy but not awkward.

"You..." I prompted slowly. "You have something on your mind. What is it?"

"Huh?" She turned to face me, like I had jerked her out of a trance. Then she sobered down and again turned to the stunning black sky. "Just thinking."

I wanted to ask her about what. But she answered it without a question.

"Two months already gone by. I am going back in four months."

"That's," I smiled at her reassuringly, "a long time later."

"It is," she returned. "But I'm having so much fun here! It feels like whenever I have fun things don't last."

"Nonsense!" I muttered in dismay. "For years I was hell bent on not having fun. Ever. But when I started, things steadily became better."

"Hope you are correct." She smiled and again bent her neck upwards towards the sky, this time with a carefree smile.

The moon shone down on the pair of us brilliantly as we chatted in soft voices, occasionally, and when she fell asleep against my chest. Things felt too good to be true.

***

The first rays of sunlight danced on my pillow as I opened my eyes and propped my head against the plush brown headboard. I must have slept weird because my left shoulder – which was also my dominant hand – felt numb and when I tried to move it, it pained like a bitch.

"What the hell..." I kept trying to move it as I stripped and took a hot shower. It just didn't budge. I changed and then when I was unable to put on my face paint I exempted myself for the day.

The biggest problem was putting on a training tee. Cursing myself I went out to see if Ray or someone was up and could help me with the tee. Instead it was Nikita. She was sipping her green tea while closing her door, ready to hit the gym.

"Whoa? Why are you shirtless? Decency Mr. Hiwatari, decency," she said, eyebrows risen teasingly.

"Well you shouldn't have slept against my shoulder. It's aching now." I scowled playfully.