Sparks and Bullets

(Y/N) POV
20 days until the mission

The surprising lively streets of Mantle echoed the footsteps and chatter of crowds throughout town, as two Huntsman strolled down the street towards the centre of town.

Summer: This place... it really contrasts Atlas.

(Y/N): After being in Atlas for more than a week now... Mantle just seems so... depressing.

Vin: Believe me. I'm the last one who needs reminding.

As you both continued to walk, you looked around, wondering exactly where you were heading. Doing a quick check to see if anyone else is listening, you lean in closer to Vin.

(Y/N): So, you said we're heading to the heart of the Black Armoury. Can you define where, or... what that really is?

Vin: Well, it's not just a title. Where we're going, only my team and the General know of. It's a vault of sorts. A vault that one of the Armoury's last successors had Mantle built over.

(Y/N): *whistle* A vault that needs a whole city to hide it. Anything good?

Vin: Of course. The remains of one of Remnants last forges and its blossomed fruits.

(Y/N): ...I hope you're speaking metaphors.

Vin: Guns, (Y/N). Of course I'm talki-

Suddenly, his eyes go distant, before he grabs your wrist and drags you into an alleyway.

(Y/N): Woah! You good? You could've told me we made a wrong turn-

Vin: It's him.

You then raise an eyebrow.

(Y/N): Summer, go check who it is.

Summer: Well what am I looking for?

(Y/N): Oh... uh... Vin, what are we looking for?

Vin: The limousine.

Summer: Oh yeah! That limousine! *checks again* The one with the... Schnee Dust Company symbol.

You then peak around the corner, seeing the white limo with the familiar logo painted on its hood park only a few metres down the road. Suddenly, the door towards the back swung open, as a man with short white hair with an equally white moustache step out onto the sidewalk. The infamous Jacques Schnee.

(Y/N): Jacques? *turns back to Vin* That's who you're worried about?

Vin: He knows who I am. He knows I hold secrets from him. He finds me, he finds the Armoury. I don't see any other reason he's here, other than for me.

(Y/N): Well we better hope there is another, cause he's heading this way.

The aggressive footsteps of the businessman, and the scurried steps of those making way indicated Jacques approach. You didn't know what he was after, how he would know you're here, or why he's trying to find the Armoury. But he did rookie mistake number one of having a target on your back. He was defenceless.

Suddenly, you heard the sound of a knife from behind you. Turning your head, you see one of Vin's frames, Ivara, handing a knife to the Huntsman, before disappearing herself.

(Y/N): Vin?

But his eyes showed a whole different person. The calm yet poetically snarky Huntsman was gone, replaced by someone who anxiously waited for their target to turn the corner...

...Yet that never happened, as Jacques merely walked past you both. You let out a breath of relief, before suddenly scrambling to the other wall of the alleyway to hide yourselves. But you didn't go through deathly silence again, as the sound of loud knocking on wood rung through your ears. You then peak around the corner, seeing Jacques at the door of the building you were hiding beside. Suddenly, the door opens.