Unanswered Questions

You managed to get Yaz and Ryan to check on the other patients, you had to convice Graham and mabli to go to because honestly just needed to think and too many voices were just killing that vibe. You let missy go and check on incubus who had been looked after by Yoss.

You took your fingernail from your mouth thinking aloud. "Too fast to chase and capture, too toxic to touch directly. Always love a good challenge y/n" you sighed swinging your arm back down to your side. The room seemed empty to you and you could hear your own head throbbing.

"You think It's going to kill us all, don't you?" The woman added making you turn around to face her. She was closer than you imagined so you were inches closer to her body than you wouldve like. She just smiled connecting her eyes with yours, you raised your brow still trying to find out what it is that she wanted. "You start to talk in third person when you lose hope and you think your going to lose." She added taking your hand with hers, you let her, finding yourself unable to move. "So tell us, use that big brain and figure out, what does it want?"

You collected your thoughts again and cleared your throat, you walk up into a open space of the room. "Does it have to want anything?" You asked looking anywhere but her.

"Every living thing, from the tiniest to the largest, wants something. Food, survival, peace. A person. Weapons. War. Destruction." she added, still watching you although without it being returned.

"You know, there's a much faster way back to Resus One. Why is it routing us this way?- Asteroid field. Fast-moving asteroids all around. Ah unpredictable just like this it seems" You answered your own question not bothering for her to answer it for you as your eyes had already found the screen before she did. An alarm sounds echoing around the room.

"Oh this is bad? This craft seema to have over 5,000 different scan sensors. They're constantly feeding back to Resus One. They monitor everything, both internally and externally, check the routing's stable and there are no hostile forms, however microbial, on board. The systems have detected the Pting. They're asking us to confirm or deny anything's wrong. We can't take a creature like that back to Resus One. There's thousands of vulnerable patients." The woman added finding a closer monitor and watching it blare up with sounds and lights.

You looked at her, she really knew her stuff. She was waiting for you to take the lead. "And if we confirm it's on board?" You asked slightly worried for the answer.

"I don't know about you but at guessing Remote structural termination. They destroy the ship to destroy the creature."

You let out a small hiss from your lips before moving to the screen. "Right." You stop the alarm.
"Nothing wrong. We're fine." You whispered softly letting up when it stopped blaring in your god damn ears.

"Well I am hoping that keeps them quiet" she whispered, your shoulder were touching so it only brought your gazes to each other. You sighed. What if it wasn't? What if you all just die here.

She seemed to read your thoughts and sighed turning you around to face her. She took your hand again causing you to tense at the movement.

Your mouth went dry but you still managed to croak out the words. "Who are you?" You stepped back letting your hand fall from hers. "Because I know your a time lord, I could hear your hearts beating, I have excellent hearing. well that and a stethoscope That seems to work more than I envisioned it to and I also know that this!" You pulled out the broken sonic from your pocket that you had managed to rob from her jacket earlier and held it up. "...is mine"

"Y/n, you don't understand-

"No. No you don't understand" you got closer looking back up to her eyes. You gulped placing the broken sonic in her hand without losing your gaze. "Your close to me, I seemed to gather, you have my sonic that I got from my mother, that she got from the only other time lord I know who would risk their live for others especially for me- It's you isnt it? ... Doctor?" You asked but she just chuckled looking down with a large smile.

You frowned your eyebrows together in confusion as she took your cheek in her palm. You waited for her laughter to die down to only which she took you by suprise.

She inched her lips closer taking your with them. Your eyes widened as she pecked them softy with her own. She moved back admiring your shock. "I am most definitely not the doctor, come on who's your favourite time lady?"

"I- I don- don't understand- wait I don't have a fav- oh OH! No, wait no ahaha this is great! Missy?" You asked stepping forward and searching her eyes, you had been looking at this the wrong way.

Her lips tugged upwards. "Now we're getting somewhere"