Pting

Electrical systems burn out as you slow down to the pod only seeing the explosivion from afar. You groaned not being able to save him in time. But what keeps you there is the small hairless being eating circuits. It turns and snarls at you as Ryan, the woman who you had yet got a name from, and missy came running up, followed by Graham and Yaz who hadn't brought the baby. (thank god)

Mabli speaks up looking down with a gasp. "Where's Astos? Oh, my saints!"

"What is that?" Graham asked looking at the little being who just gives a big roar.

You smiled weakly. "I don't know, but it's incredibly dangerous. It jettisoned the life-pods... and oh it killed Astos." You added getting a bit closer. Missy's hand came to your arm instantly in worry, you looked back taking her hand off you with a smile. You looked at her almost telling her that you would be careful. "Get out of here" you warned in a small whisper looking at everyone, they seemed to listen as they retreated back down the corridor.

Missy stayed put as well as the woman who beat you to it and was already in front of the creature with something in front of her. "You need to get off this ship, back into space, right now, else you'll have me to deal with!" She seemed to be inching forward carefully, Still holding something in her hand at the being. Missy let out a bored chuckle and clapped her hands at the woman slowly.

You inch closer as well what the hell is this woman thinking. It leaps forward as you take a step forward holding your hand out to bring the woman back but you only caused it to bite the object right out of her hand.

She lets out a small "Oh!"

The object then gets regurgitated, she goes to pick it up, but it doesn't seem to work any more and she sighs. You try to get a glimpse at what she was holding but she had already placed it in her pocket out of your sight.

The being escapes into the ducting, setting systems exploding along the corridor. You grab her hand quickly and turn fast on your toes getting them both out of there. Missy yelps in suprise as you tug her back to the NavChamber where everyone already seems to be waiting.

Yaz ushers you in. "Finally thought we were done for" she sighs.

"Love the confidence, yasmin" you chuckled making sure the door shut behind you all. Yaz raised a brow and you followed her gaze down to your interlocking fingers, one of your hands intertwined carefully with missy's, her hand was comforting as always but your right hand had captured the woman's left hand causing your fingers to slip into hers. What suprised you more is it didn't feel weird like you could trust her. You slowly released your hand from hers not missing your finger graze past a wedding band on her ring finger. Another note to add to the strangers fact file under mad and stupid. If the doctor was here they would be head to head on the most reckless.

Missy kept her hand in yours and squeezed it a little gaining your attention. She ripped her attention at the woman who retreated away from you slightly.

Yaz only smiles looking away at the blush on the woman's face. "So mabli was saying she has an idea on how to identify the creature"

You all look at her gesturing her to carry on after Yaz. "Well, if I sync my ocular recorders with the databanks..."

"Oh, yeah. Sync the old ocular recorders. It's obvious." Graham butts in getting more lost as she spoke.

"All Tsuranga medics are implanted with lenses so we can record all treatments for training purposes, lawsuits, data records." She explained setting it up on the main control in which you were all crowded around. The woman got closer again this time trying to get a closer look, this gave you the opportunity to find out who she was.

"Thank you for choosing Perils Of The Constant Division. We know you have a choice of vid-briefings concerning the most threatening of..." the computer rang aloud causing graham to scrunch up his face.

"Sorry. Here we go." She smiled As the Hologram of the little being popped up.

"Item Seven Alpha Cubed. Pting."

"Pting?" You all asked together, looking at everyone in confusion.

The hologram switched showing the little guy with his claws and teeth. "Pting. Threat Level, Chalice."

You all just looked at mabli. "Is that bad?" Ryan asked first.

"Worst one. One up from Beetroot." Oh great you thought.

"Few facts are known about the organism Pting. the species, if it is a species, birth or creation, many studies having failed due to the fatally violent nature of the Pting. No Pting has ever been kept in captivity due to their ability to eat through any material that would incarcerate them. While strictly non-carnivorous, they devour all non-organic material."

"Well, at least that's something." Yaz popped up hopeful trying to lighten the mood, you and graham just turn to her with a serious gaze.

"Is it really? I mean, it won't eat us, but it will eat the ship we're on." Graham groaned softly turning his attention back to the dialogue of the computer.

"They move at great speed, and while they may be momentarily stunned, are impossible to wound or kill. Pting skin is understood to be toxic to most life forms. Never touch a Pting directly. Pting should never be restricted to a confined space. Condensed advice. Never engage with Pting. Risk to life, ultimate."

You take a moment to look at everyone's pale faces. "Well guys I would like to say On the plus side, I now feel very well informed. 2 minutes. Get everyone into the assessment area." You snapped your fingers together releasing them from missy's grip and moving to stand directly in front of them all with a straight smile.

"Why two minutes?"

"Because I think fast!" You added turning around. In that moment
You could hear more bits of the ship going bang.