Nightmare child

Return to Galifrey.
The child must return.
The doctor falls and so will the son.

The sky was an orange glaze that roamed through the red city. Blood and chaos and children dying. Your body felt like a rock as you stepped through the copses, there faces stoned with hatred. Your fist were clenched white but your eyes were hollow. It felt like an internal battle and you were definitely losing, you tired so hard to keep your arm down as if they were being pulled by strings. The boy cried, sobbing uncontrollably as the lights pierced from your hand.

EXTERMINATE.

"Y/n? Your screaming" the doctor yelled, ripping you from your nightmare.

"Huh W-What?" You stuttered, wiping the sweat from your forehead.

"It's getting worse isn't it?" She asked referring to your constant nightmares. It had been the worst couple of nights lately, they would all take turns on checking you in the night except Yaz. Yaz never did again after her first go, she still had a mark on her nose from when you threw a book at her but you couldn't help it, when you were asleep everything felt so real and the pain of that would never dim from you.

"I found some different pills that may help" she suggested, playing with the packaging.

"No. No more pills, please" you pleaded, staring at the stack of pills on the nightstand.

"Okay. Any more clues?" She asked, passing you a glass of water. You gulped down the water feeling your throat become less dry at your screaming.

"Galifrey" you whispered causing her to tense. "They want me to go there, do you think that's when it starts- when I go?"

"Maybe. Just In case we'll avoid it at all cost" the doctor sighed hiding so much pain behind her gaze.

"I don't want to be like this, doctor. I don't want to be an experiment or lonely when I kill everyone in my wake." You jumped up on your knees on the bed in front of the doctor. "You need to promise me something"

"Depends on the promise" she spoke taking your hands.

"Promise me that if I do change, when I'm all gone in this hatred, doctor. Promise me that your destroy it Because if become a passenger in my own body, I don't want to see you all die" you pleaded desperately.

"I can't"

"You can, please, Doctor"

"I-I promise" she stuttered giving you a hug, hiding her face away from you.

"Now, I'm dropping the gang off home" she spoke standing up.

"Could you drop me off too, just for a bit"

You all found yourself back at the console saying goodbye as the doctor dropped the gang of in Sheffield.

"I never realised this place your still living here" she spoke dropping you off in London.

"Ah well we live to long, Doctor. I out lived them all, Vastra, Jenny and strax" you sighed closing your eyes and remembering them. How you wished you could of saved them but they weren't like you.

"Going without saying goodbye, dear?" Missy frowned making her way over to you.

"I- I um sorry!" You stuttered taking her hand. "I'll be back before you know it. I promise"

"You better be, love"

"What about you? What you going to do now?" You smiled.

"Save the universe of course" she smirked. You smiled widely realising she had changed so much from when you had first met her.

"Your good at that" you point out catching her gaze.

"We're here y/n" the doctor pipped up.

"Right. Well see you soon" you spoke letting go of missy's hand.

"Goodbye y/n" she whispered as you exited the tardis finding yourself back in your living room.

"Goodbye, missy" you frowned watching the tardis disappear.

It was about 2 weeks later before the doctor contacted you again, she said she was in Sheffield draining the tardis, asking you to meet them all there.

"Right I'm on my way!" You exclaimed hanging up the call and picking up your car keys and coat.

You left your house only to be surrounded by men in black. There must of been three cars filled of men watching you curiously, there were at least three or four of them fiddling with the gun in there holster, you could see there hands shake in your presence.

"Oh great who are you guys because if I have to kill you it's going to be quick. I'm late" you smirked.

"You need to come with us" one of the braver ones commanded.

You chuckled. "I ain't going no where with you, mate"

"The doctor will join us soon" he stated, removing his finger from his ear piece.

"Well in that case take me away" you sniggered sarcastically. He grabbed you shoulder forcing you into the car. For a second your hand tensed moving upwards, the burning feeling resurfacing. "Oh whatever" you yelled in defeat pulling your hand down with force.

"So where we going?" You asked feeling bored looking out the window.

"Mi6"

"Oh that's is boring" you chuckled, making your way in through the gates of their HQ.

"The doctor and the others will arrive soon, please make your self comfortable" he spoke opening the door to let you exit the car.

In that moment you could feel an energy mercilessly burning through your hearts causing you to lean against the car as the other hand clutched your chest. It felt as though the fire was moving into your hands, trying to explode out in a relentless force. Your words mumbled as you spoke softly.

"Are you okay?" One of the men asked.

"Ex- no come on y/n stay strong! Oh what a bitch" you yelled, feeling your whole body burn at its force. "Not today!" You screamed pushing in a syringe that the doctor had once used to stop it taking over.