Thirty Eight

DEDICATED TO ALL MY LOVELIES

Please VOTE and COMMENT, thanks.

Jermany's POV

The arrangements were made a week ago, and they were very easy to understand. On the day my mum was to leave for England, Ameeka would return from Malaysia having completed her course in medicine. Ameeka and Hiram have been trying a long distance relationship for 6 years now and the last time we saw her was last year's Christmas.

Hiram gets a suitable spot and parks his car. He takes my mum's luggage and a cardboard and we all walk into the airport. Once my mum shows her ticket and her luggage is being scanned, she pulls me aside. She gives me a look that makes me want to reverse my decision but I know better. This is going to be good for us, for her, for me. I roll my eyes and look away.

"Mum, don't."

"I'm sorry hon. I'm sorry I couldn't give you the best life; I'm sorry I failed."

"Mum, it's not on you; I made decisions too, both bad and good ones. One thing we can't do is regret; everything happens for a reason mum."

"You're so brave my Sunshine." My mum says hugging me.

If only she knew how wrong she was, how broken I truly was. It isn't easy being me, it never has been so it's not gonna change now. We let go just as we hear the last call for passengers going to England.

"Take care of yourself and call me immediately you get home." My mum says.

"Yes mother." I say faking a bored tone causing my mum to hit my shoulder lightly. We both laugh.

"Say hi to Aunt Penelope and cousin Daisy for me. Tell them I'm sorry I'm too chicken to return back to England."

"I will." My mum says smiling. "Bye."

"Bye." I say and wave as she walks away.

The moment she disappears I hear the announcement for the arrival of planes from Malaysia. I turn to see Hiram as jittery as he was during the drive here. I smile, happy that after 6 years she still had that effect on him. He finally reveals the cardboard he has been holding and written boldly on it is AMEEKA CAMPBELL.

The passengers start filing out and I and Hiram struggle to catch a glimpse of Ameeka that is until I see her. Her fierce red hair is not in its usual curls but instead it is pin straight and packed in a high ponytail. She has on denim jeans and a green shirt covered by a denim jacket. Her eyes fall on Hiram and the smile that covers her face is enough to make anyone jealous of Hiram. She picks up her pace until she gets to us. She throws her arms around me giggling.

"I missed you so much Texas!" Ameeka yells and I laugh at the familiar nickname.

"When are you going to grow up?" I ask as we pull away.

"When pigs fly."

"I assure you that scientists are working on it."

Ameeka laughs before turning to Hiram and standing still. "Hiram Wheeler." She says with a blank expression on her face.

"Ameeka Campbell."

"What brings you here?"

"I'm playing chauffeur." He says raising the cardboard.

"Would you say you're doing a good job?"

"I'd like to think so."

A shadow of a smile appears on Ameeka's face before disappearing. "I disagree."