Nine

Jermany's POV

The time had come for the welcome party, my welcome party. I'm nervous as I await Eva's return. I had on one of my dresses (and when I say this; I mean a dress I had before the whole playhouse thing). It's a short black flair gown with some red roses around the flair of the gown. My hair is in a neat ponytail and I have on light makeup, but just enough to make my eyes shine. I'm seated in my room in front of a mirror. Eva had left thirty minutes ago to go talk to Shawn. I'm already tired of waiting.

After a while, I get up and leave my room. I have no idea where I'm going, so I follow the sound of the music. I kept walking through unfamiliar paths, trusting in my instincts until I hear a voice; two voices.

"You don't care about me anymore." a female voice says.

Then a male voice groans. "I don't have time for this." He says.

"Sure, you only have time for sex and nothing else." She says.

"What do you want from me Silver!" The man yells.

Silver?

"A commitment." Silver says.

The man scoffs. "You're joking, right?"

"You know I'm not." She says.

My curiosity gets the best of me as I drift towards the door where their voices are coming from. The door is slightly opened.

Who was this man?

"Screw you." He says after a while, then I hear footsteps.

Oh no!

I'm about to hide, but it's too late. He swings the door open immediately.

"What are you doing?" He asks angrily.

Shawn.

My throat goes dry instantly. My eyes move to Silver - who appears shocked to see me - then to Shawn. I gulp.

"What now? Cat got your tongue?" He asks icily.

Breathe, Jerma, breathe.

"I.... I was looking for the hall, but I got lost." I answer truthfully. He takes a dangerous step closer, and I take two steps back.

"Were you eavesdropping?" He asks.

"N..no, I...I just got here." I lie.

He glares at me for a while before clenching and unclenching his jaw.

"Follow me." He says and immediately starts walking.

I wish I didn't always turn to jelly when he yelled at me. Me and Shawn walk silently side by side. I keep my eyes downcast but I can feel his glare on me.

If he isn't watching the road then how is he sure he's walking in the right direction?

We walk out of the building where my room is and into another building, probably where the hall is. The music sounds clearer, so I guess we're close. We finally arrive at a big brown door, which Shawn pushes open. He surprises me when he takes my hand. He leads me through the crowd towards the stage. I feel everyone's eyes on me.

I hate being the center of attraction.

We get to the stage and Shawn helps me up. The music goes off as soon as me and Shawn are on the stage. Once we are up, I expect him to let go, but he doesn't. He hits the mic twice to ensure it's working. He clears his throat and begins.

"Good evening everyone, thank you all for coming and thank you for putting in the effort to make this night happen. For the past few years we have all worked together to ensure that the playhouse runs smoothly. Without all your efforts, there would be no playhouse; there is no playhouse without all of you. My father sends his greetings. Because of the tremendous amount of effort put into its production and circulation, rubyx is now the number one street drug in New York."