Thirteen

Jermany's POV

"It feels so good to be back in my own room, I've always hated hospitals." I say to Eva and she chuckles.

"Shawn says you get an extra week of rest before you resume training." Eva says.

"Wow, I actually get a 3 week holiday from Shawn Philips and I spent the first 2 weeks bed ridden and in pain." I joke.

It's been a week since Paula woke up. The moment French delivered the news, Eva was the first one out of the room followed by Maddie then Shawn. Eva was like the mother to all of them here, she was nothing like Shawn or anyone else here. I wonder how she ended up here? Paula was traumatized for the first three days since her recovery. She always cried and refused to eat anything. Eva spent most of her time keeping Paula company but I didn't mind, Paula needed the attention more. 

Due to Eva's absence, Maddie kept me company. 

She was very funny and nice to be around. Shawn came along with her sometimes but he never said anything to me. Maddie knew a lot about Shawn. Like the fact that he always ran his hands through his hair when he was angry or in deep thought, how he always fiddled with his phone or fingers when he was nervous, how he had a funny side to him that he never showed, I found that hard to believe though. She told me a lot of stories about her time in Mexico and her experiences so far studying fashion designing in college. 

Although I didn't see the need for her to tell me these things but she seemed to enjoy talking and she warmed up to me easily so I never stopped her when she started to tell me those things. I still didn't know who she was to Shawn though but, judging from the things she knows about him and how he acts around her, I'm guessing she's his girlfriend. I wonder how someone like Shawn got such a nice girl in his life and I wonder why despite having such an amazing girl he still sleeps around with Silver? 

Maddie doesn't like Silver at all, she believes that Silver is a bad influence on Shawn. I can't say I agree but at least we have a common enemy.

On the fourth day Paula had recovered fully and had started eating well. I had gotten better too and just this morning after a week the doctor gave me the go ahead to continue my normal life, or at least as normal as it could get in this playhouse.

Now, I was lying on my bed side by side with Eva looking up at the ceiling.

"I can't believe I actually got shot, if my best friend Hiram was here he would be telling me that my life is more interesting than his. For some weird reason he's always wanted to get shot." I smile at the memory of my best friend who I hadn't seen for over a month now.

Eva laughs. "Being shot isn't fun, he would take back that statement if he ever got shot."

"Have you ever been shot?"

"Nope, just a graze once or twice from a bullet, nothing serious though. Shawn on the other hand has been shot quite a lot."

"I'm not surprised."

Eva is about to speak when we hear a light knock on the door.

"Come in." I say.

Maddie walks in wearing a t-shirt, jeans and black converse shoes. Her Black hair is in a ponytail and her pink shades are on top her head.

She smiles at us. "Good evening ladies."

"Hey." I say.

"Sorry to interrupt but I need to borrow Eva for a while." She says.

"Um...sure, no problem." I say.

"Thanks." Maddie says as Eva gets up from the bed.

"You should go get some fresh air Jerma, walk around the playhouse for a bit. You've been in here all day." Eva says and I nod before she leaves closing the door behind her.