1

"I told you to follow my orders, Agent Han

"I told you to follow my orders, Agent Han. How hard is it for you to not follow protocol?" her boss slammed his hand on the long wooden table.

Her partners flinching as they sat across each other and their boss stood by the other end of the table.

The intimidating aura that radiated in the whole room as her boss leaned both arms on the edge of the table, burning holes and throwing daggers at her just by a glare.

"Mr. Lee, if I hadn't done anything then those people would've died instead, if I had followed by protocol, Sir- what about those innocent lives we were going to risk?" Younghae defended herself.

Her partners wouldn't dare speak up, too intimidated with their boss. Aside from Younghae herself, she was quite that woman.

Her boss sighed in defeat knowing she was right. "If this happens again, I will put you under suspension and if worse- you are to never return to this station again and strip you off your badge. Do you understand?"

She let out a heavy sigh, nails digging crescents into her palms, knuckles turning white while her fists clenched tightly under the table, she didn't want to give an answer.

"Do you understand Han Younghae?" her boss sternly repeated, eyes narrowing at the younger.

"Yes sir." she blandly answered.

She was the bad guy once again. Internally rolling her eyes and secretly throwing daggers at her boss.

"Mark, Ten dismissed. Younghae, you have a lot of explaining to do."

Younghae slumped in her seat, already wanting to get out of the situation she was in, watching as her partners Mark and Ten left the meeting room.

"I know you did what your guts told you to do, Younghae. You did great in saving those innocent citizens but sometimes you shouldn't cross the line."

She let out a scoff mixed with a chuckle. "I didn't cross the line, I was doing my job- and my job was to save those innocent citizens." her finger poking harshly at nothing but the air as she defended herself.

"You should have told me earlier to have given a heads up to the other team." Mr. Lee leaned forward, his hands gripping the edge of the wooden table tightly in anger.

"I didn't know until we went there." she jerked her head back, leaning her head on the edge of the chair's rest.

Mr. Lee shut his eyes, sucking in a sharp breath of air and sighing harshly before futtering his eyes open. "You are dismissed. Call the waiting agents outside."

"Taeyong-"

"Han Younghae. Call the waiting agents outside, I'll update you when the head has given me orders on your actions." he demanded, cutting her off with a stern look on his face and his eyes unwavering.

Younghae couldn't bring herself to push it any further and worsen Taeyong's temper, so she stood up and pursed her lips shut. The scraping of the chair's foot echoing in the room as she made her way languidly out the huge meeting room.

As soon as she exited the room, she was met with an eye blinding smile of the agent she wished she would never want to encounter in the halls of the station..... But to her luck, she just had to see it and it ruined her day.

"Agent Han." the latter slightly nodded his head, waiting for his turn to get in the large meeting room she came from not long ago.

She eyed the agent from head to toe before greeting and walking past him. "Agent Kim." rolling her eyes, she headed over to her unit and immediately walked over to her cubicle. Slumping on her seat, she frowned and groaned in exhaustion. Dropping her head on her desk, the whole table shook causing the agent beside her to sigh and take a peak. The pain of hitting her head on the desk surges in after a few seconds making her groan. "Ow."

Mark next to her glanced at her hunched figure. The look of sympathy evident on his facial features. He rolled his chair over to sit beside Younghae. His hand reaching to press his palm on her back, giving it a gentle rub already knowing what situation it was. "You okay?" he asked.

Younghae turned her head, her cheek pressed on her desk as she looked up at her partner. "Yeah, what about you?" she returned the question to him, letting him comfort her like always.

"I'm okay, but are you really?" the latter slightly raised his brow, looking over the exhausted girl.

"I'm used to it, Mark. It's not like it's the first time that it happened." she sighed and sat back up, Mark's palm still pressed against her back. "Sorry for putting you and Ten through this." giving an apologetic look and her eyes softens.

"We're used to it Younghae. Besides, it's not your fault- you just did what your guts tell you and you're brave enough to step up the game." her other partner, Ten walked over to them and lightly gave her head a pat.

Mark nodded in agreement.

She shook her head. "It's not okay anymore that I get you both in trouble cause of my decisions. your lives and jobs are in the line here-"

"And yours isn't?" Ten scoffed. "Younghae, look at yourself. If it weren't for you, your dad wouldn't get his surgery and he would've suffered badly from his kidney, you wouldn't have paid his hospital bills if it weren't for you and you literally go home everyday nearly on the brink of death without the strength to feed yourself. Snap out of it and stop saying that your life isn't on the line okay?" the elder scolded.

"But I didn't-"

"You made it sound like that." Mark pointed out.

Younghae sighed. "Thanks guys. If it weren't for the two of you I wouldn't have survived college and I wouldn't have gotten my dream job." she smiled at the two males whom she sat in between.

Ten spread his arms open in the air gesturing the girl to accept his embrace. "Come here."

Slipping away from her chair, she gladly let herself get caged in Ten's arms, her arms automatically wrapping around the elder's waist. His hand traveling to brush her hair.

"Thank you so much." she hugged him tighter, her chin rested on his shoulder.

"You're doing great, sweetie. And you will always be great, okay?" the elder comforted earning a nod from her.

"I wanna join!" Mark whined earning a laugh from the two.

Breaking away to give space for the youngest, they huddled up in a group hug.

Thoughts??? i know it's not a Jungwoo x reader but I'm over with that phase. I enjoy putting characters in my story..... anyhoes i hope u liked it. Love y'all.