chapter 42 ~ 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓

Începe de la început

     "Yumin," Jimin started, trying to find the brunette's gaze. Yumin kept her eyes fixed on her kneecaps, little mountains beneath the soft, cottony fabric of Jungkook's sweatshirt. Kiana saw how much the blonde wanted to reach out and touch Yumin, to steadily lift her chin so that she'd meet his gaze, but he held back, his shoulders tense beneath his grey sweater. "Yumin, can you look at me please?"

     Yumin inhaled a shuddering gulp of air before looking up at the blonde, lacing her fingers in front of calves. "Mmh," she whimpered, her bottom lip trembling.

     "Angel, I- Fuck." Kiana's heart ached at the sound of their trembling voices, Jimin's breaking mid-sentence as he cautiously extended a hand. He paused, hand hovering in mid-air as he remembered to not lay a finger on the brunette, pulling it back down to his lap.

     "S-Swear," Yumin murmured numbly, casting her gaze down at the floor.

     "Sorry. I wanted to apologize...for-for this morning. I didn't mean to upset you, and after what happened yesterday, and with Y-Yura..." Jimin blew a gust of air from his lungs, shaking his head to loosen himself before continuing. "I shouldn't have done that to you. It made you feel like I was taking advantage of you, didn't it?"

     Yumin nodded, glancing nervously up at the blonde and holding eye-contact.

     "I was only being playful, Yumin. I'd never take advantage of you."

     "Never?" Yumin murmured, resting her chin atop her knees.

     "Never, ever." Jimin offered the brunette a smile, Yumin's lips twitching upwards. Kiana narrowed her eyes, hoping to see affection blossom in her eyes, but gradually her lips pulled back down into a monotone expression, staring up at Jimin with a blank gaze.

     Jimin sighed, running a hand through his hair. "Yumin, I'm so sorry. I promise I had no intention of hurting or using you. I love you."

     Yumin sniffled, tugging the sleeves of her sweatshirt over her hands. "You love me?"

     Jimin seemed taken aback by the question, biting his lower lip before speaking. "Of course, I love you, angel. Why wouldn't I love you? You're beautiful, funny, sweet, and care about us more than you can admit." Yumin's eyes widened slightly at his words, a blush trailing over her cheeks. Jimin chuckled, reaching out to cup the side of her face. "Don't deny it, angel, I can see it in your face. You love us, and we love you. And we always will."

     Kiana saw tears gathering the corners of Yumin's eyes, her whole body trembling beneath her oversized hoodie as she blinked up at Jimin. The blonde brushed a stray tear off his cheek, leaning forward slowly to press a kiss atop her head. Yumin's nails fisted the front of her hoodie; Kiana knew how badly she wanted to pounce on the boy and tackle him in a hug, but she could see the fear in her eyes. They both could.

     "P-Promise?" Yumin faltered, sniffling back tears. Jimin pulled his hand away from the side of her face, fisting it and extending his pinky finger. The brunette stared down at his extended finger with confusion lining her face, her brows furrowed cutely as she glanced up at him. When Jimin simply sat and didn't speak, she offered her own pinky finger, hooking it with his. Their knuckles brushed, sending a shiver up Yumin's arm.

     Jimin smiled, leaning forward to rest his forehead gently against Yumin's. She sniffled yet again, letting her eyes flutter closed as she leaned against him. "I promise, angel," Jimin murmured. The sight of the couple mending their relationship and love for each other put a soft smile on Kiana's face. She had been so distracted by them that she didn't notice the two other bodies that had slipped in the room behind her.