chapter 42 ~ 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓

Start from the beginning

     "Yoong-gi," Yumin spluttered, shakily dropping to her knees. Kiana watched in horror as she curled in on herself, able to see her heart completely shatter in her glossy eyes as she hid her tear-stained face against the bunny's side. Kiana flopped down in front of the younger girl, pulling her protectively against her chest. Yumin shook her head, clutching her arms against her stomach. "W-Why doesn't he love me?" she whimpered, nuzzling against Kiana's shoulder. Kiana held onto her tightly, rubbing reassuring circles along her side.

     "Yumin, you know how people say things they don't mean in...in the heat of the moment? Like in an argument?"

     Yumin sniffled. "Yeah."

     With a sigh, Kiana decided to tell the brunette straight up. "Yoongi told me to come here first."

     Pulling away, Yumin peered up at her with narrowed eyes, digging her nails anxiously into the fur of the stuffed bunny. "What?"

     "He texted me right before you did. He wanted me to come talk to you, calm you down so that you can talk to hi-"

     "No!" Yumin pushed herself to her feet, throwing her bunny down on the floor. "He can't take back what he said. He said it, it's over!"

     Fuck, Kiana cursed in her head, heart thudding nervously in her chest.

     "I'm going home, and I'm not coming back." With that, Yumin turned back to her closet, ripping clothes off their hangers and tossing them in her suitcase. Kiana jumped over it, wrapping her arms around Yumin's waist and hauling her away from the closet doors. Yumin whined numbly under her breath, folding her arms in as she wiggled in her embrace. Kiana set her down on the bed, smoothing the hair from her face and grabbing it rather roughly. 

     "Yumin, I need you to calm down. Please? You're freaking out, and I can't let you make these kinds of decisions when you're not sensible."

     A knock sounded at the bedroom door, Jackie meowing loudly in protest. Kiana hesitated, letting her hands slip off of Yumin's cheeks as she took a few cautious steps towards the door. Yoongi knew she was handling this; there was no reason he should've come to talk to Yumin so soon after their argument. The little still needed time to cool off. Wrapping a hand around the doorknob, Kiana pulled the door open and glanced out into the hall to find Jimin standing before her. Immediately, she made to shut the door in his face, knowing that he was at some fault in upsetting her friend.

     Jimin smacked his hand on the door to keep it open, leaning forward to murmur to the shorter brunette. "I just want to talk to her. I know she's hurting and I just want to-" Kiana tried pushing the door closed but the blonde's strength was too much for her. It wouldn't budge. "Kiana, I just want to apologize for what I did."

     The freckled brunette grunted under her breath, offering a glance back at Yumin. The little had her knees pulled up to her chest, her thighs slightly quivering beneath her sweatshirt. She watched as Yumin made brief eye contact with her, anxiously tugging the ends of the sweatshirt over her knees and down to her ankles to hide her bared skin. Her self-consciousness is kickin' in, Kiana mumbled in her head, turning back to the blonde outside the room. "Fine," she whispered. "But, if she wants you to leave, leave."

     "Of course," Jimin nodded, looking over her head and into the bedroom. Kiana stepped back to let the blonde into the room, sensing the immediate tension that clouded the space. Jimin padded quietly over to the side of the bed, sitting down beside Yumin and tucking his hands between his thighs. Kiana kept her spot in front of the door, allowing her a place to observe Jimin and Yumin, and also allowing her to open to the door in case she needed to kick the blonde out.