Chapter 7

Atros' POV

When the rest of my cousins arrived and our wolves Azula and I greeted them. Zilan squinted at the sunlight, "Gods it's so bright and hot here." "It's the middle of summer," Azula told them. "So it's gonna be like that for a while. We have clothes for you to wear during your stay here so you don't over heat." Terris then came running, at me, tackling me to the ground. I groaned, "It was only a couple of days." He barked, his tail wagging before he licked my face. I pushed him off, "Goofball." I stood and saw Azula picking up her pup while the other pups ran to the three kids who were on the training field. Balthazar's pup was looking around for him.

"Let's get you settled in," Azula said before leading them inside, I following a long. Once her brothers were in their rooms Azula looked at me as we walked towards Balthazar's office, his pup following us closely. "You seem nervous," she said to me. "Care to share why?" "It is something I have to discuss with you and your mate," I told her. Fuck me, I thought. I never thought I'd be in this situation. How did one prepare for something like this?

She raised an eyebrow but didn't say anything more until we were in Balthazar's office. His pup barked and ran over to him. Balthazar picked it up and put it in his lap. Terris sat by my legs. Azula kissed him before leaning against the arm of his chair, arms crossed, "I'm going to guess your nervousness has something to do with Laceria." "She is my mate," I said with a nod. "I would like to court her." "She understands why, right," Azula asked me. I nodded, "We talked the night we arrived here about it."

Azula nodded, "I don't think I have to tell you what would happen if you hurt our little girl." I watched as marks appeared on the both of them. Blessed by the demonic Gods, I realized. I understood their promise loud and clear. I might be her cousin, but their daughter outranks me and I am more than okay with that.

I bowed, "I understand." "You have our permission to court Laceria," Balthazar said as I raised up. Their marks disappeared. "Thank you," I said. I looked at Azula, "How did you know?" "Laceria told her brothers, who told us," Azula said. "They were asking if they could be the ones to punish you if you hurt her." I nodded, "I see."

Azula then smiled, "We wish you the best Atros." I nodded once more, "Thank you." I then left with Terris. I found Laceria in the library lounging on the couch, reading, her pup laying across her lap. She was beautiful. She closed her book and looked at me with her bright, sun stone colored eyes, "What did they say?" "The approved," I said to her. "Apparently your brothers already told them. They wanted permission to punish me if I were to hurt you. Not that, I would do such a thing."

I sat on the floor beside the couch, looking at the book she was reading. "What are you reading," I asked her curiously. "Hidden Messages In The Stars," she replied. "It's by Lola Steph. The book is a romance, which usually isn't my taste, but the author is an astronomer and she put her knowledge to use in the book." "What's it about," I asked her. "Its about a man who is on a journey, trying to figure out what a never documented constellation means and he meets this woman who thinks he is insane, until he shows her proof it exists. She then joins him on his journey. An evil entity learns of the constellation and tries to stop them. After near death experiences and funny moments, they fall in love. Of course I wont know what the constellation means until the next book which doesn't come out till next year."

"Are constellations still as they were before the war, or have they changed," I asked her curiously. The sky back home was always covered in clouds so I haven't seen the stars in a while. "They changed when many of the Gods and Goddesses abandoned their followers," she replied. "Who is that Azula worships that gifted her ice abilities," I asked her. "Neve, the Goddess of Merciless and deadly winters," she replied. "Neve blessed mom as her child, and has protected her since she was a kid in slavery. My father is blessed by Othos, who is her husband. Lui, Yulen, and I are all blessed by the Goddess Tabitha."

"And what is she the Goddess of," I asked her. "Raging Winds and Sorrows," she answered. I then watched as green arrow and swirl tribal markings appeared on her skin. She then released them. "They're beautiful," I told her honestly. She blushed, "Thank you."

We continued to talk for a while until the sun began to go down. We made our way towards the kitchen, but we stopped when we saw Azula and Balthazar training together. Reese, Zilan, and Norzic were on the training field watching as well. I was shocked when I saw Azula shoot shards of ice at Balthazar.

"Why do you look so shocked," Larceria asked me. "Because when our gods abandoned us, we lost our abilities," I told her. "Neve gave her abilities back to her," Laceria said. "I wonder if you and the other Fae conform to our religion if the same will happen to you. It may change the tide of battle if we do go to war. Of course it's just a theory. We would have to see with the Priestesses if that would be possible."

"Why the Priestesses," I asked her. "Because our Gods do not want outsiders stepping into their temples. If you can step into her temple then you might be able to worship her, unlocking your ice Fae abilities," she explained. "You being mated to a Demon is a good sign that its possible. Of course, given your large size, if you do go flying backwards, I won't be able to catch you."

My eyes widened a little at her statement. She said it so casually, like it was an every day occurrence that someone goes flying from one of their religious temples.

At dinner Laceria brought it up to her parents. "If the ice Fae start worshipping Neve, will they gain access to their abilities," Laceria asked them. "Only if they were serious like your mother is," Balthazar answered. "Of course there is a possibility it wont work. Why?" "Well, since Atros is mates with me, I was wondering if it was possible," she said with a shrug. "If they could, it would help in combat if war did happen," Lui said and Yulen nodded.

"It would also be rather inconvenient," Balthazar said. "They would change the temperature of the battle field, making our army have trouble since we're not made for the cold." "Not if they used it like mom does," Yulen said. "She uses it as weapons for the most part." "Unless Evaline is here," Lui muttered.

"Evaline," I asked. "The bitch who disowned me and rejected dad," Lui muttered. "Lui, no vulgar language," Azula scolded. "There is no other way to speak about her," Lui said. "Then don't speak about her at all," Azula said to him.

"He saw her today," Yulen said. "It's why he's so tense and pissy." "What did she say," Balthazar asked. Lui stayed silent. He finished eating and took his dishes to the sink. "Lui," Balthazar said. Lui washed his dishes, kissed Azula on the cheek, "Dinner was good." He then left.

Balthazar looked at Yulen, "Did you hear any of it?" He shook his head, "No sir. I only saw him walking away from her. He disappeared until dinner." "He probably went flying," Laceria said, looking out the window.

I noticed Zilan, Reese, and Norzic share a look. We had much to learn about our new family members. That's for sure.