Chapter 20

Lui's POV

After returning, and finding my mate sitting with Destroyer and Chaos outside, I welcomed the tight hug she had given me. With her legs around my waist, I sat on the ground, my back leaning against Destroyer. Chaos laid his head on my leg and Destroyer wrapped his tail around Vidya and I. She pulled away enough to look at me. "What happened," she asked me. I told her everything. I had been terrified when I thought I was going to die. It wasn't until I was already falling that I remembered the vial and got it pulled out in time. Fear truly fogs the mind, but at least I snapped out of it in time. 

"It's because of you that we're alive and the war was pushed back," I said to her. She sniffled as her eyes watered with tears. She then kissed me and I eagerly kissed her back. When she pulled away she rested her forehead against mine. "How long do we have now," she asked softly. "I don't know," I said to her. "But much longer than six months." We had to look into a way to counter Deckland's ability to turn into a shadow and disappear so when we go to kill him, it will work. For now though, we will accept our victory. 

We stayed outside for a little longer before we went to my room. Vidya and I didn't mate but she blew my mind in other ways that ensured I slept great.

The next day when I saw Yulen and Laceria with their very satisfied looking mates and my siblings blushing faces, I knew they had a night much like mine. We innocent virgins had mates who weren't so innocent and we got a taste of that it seems. It made me look forward to mating with Vidya.

Dad told the army what happened and they were all happy that we were able to postpone it. After their announcement we gathered for a meeting to discuss our next move. Everyone except mom had come to the meeting. Dad's attire was also incredibly casual. My money was on the fact, that mom was resting during the meeting then after we wont be seeing them for the rest of the day.

"A team found a second entrance into the tunnel from the woods near where Lui had been attacked," dad informed us. That explained why I wasn't able to see them coming. That also explained where he was getting his animals from as well. "They're currently looking for more entrances and tunnels as we speak and will keep us informed on their findings."

"With his army eradicated, what do you think the time line will be," Uncle Reese asked. "I'm going to assume we're back to the original date," dad answered. "It's when he planned to attack, wanting to be in the demon home land so we don't do too much damage to the land here. I began to wonder though if the plan was to originally trap us on that side, since he planned on attacking during the Eclipse."

"That is very much a possibility," Atros said with a nod. "Stark and I can start looking through his books to see if there is anything about his shadow magic," Kora suggested. "I'll look at the temple as well," Vidya said. Laceria nodded, "I'll check the library that's downtown." The library downtown has a large gathering of every book in the world from most species.

Dad nodded. "We'll check the other entrances and see if the wolves can pick up his scent," Atros added in.

We continued to talk about what we were going to do for the time being. For the most part we were going to train, and work on building up the strength of our army so that we're ready for anything at any moment. 

Once the meeting was over, dad was first to leave the room, and then my uncles. My siblings and I decided to go to the media room with our mates. Vidya sat in my lap while Stark sat beside Yulen on the couch with Bloom and Kora in their laps. Atros sat in a chair with Laceria in his lap.

"I'm relieved we managed to buy us some time," Laceria said with a soft sigh. I nodded in agreement. "We've been bought time, but he could still target you Lui," Yulen said to me. "He took your wings, the poison almost killing you, and then he tried feeding you to his army."

"He did what," Vidya asked while turning to look at me wide eyed. "Why didn't you tell me that part?" "Because I didn't want you freaking out," I said to her. "Way to go Yulen, you got me in trouble." He smirked, "Oops."

"How could you forget such an important detail?!" She was glaring at me now and I knew I was really in the dog house now.

"I'm alive and well, and like I said your light killed his army," I said to her. "Yeah, but hearing that you had almost been killed would've been nice to know," she said while shaking her head. I wrapped my arms around her waist, "I'm sorry mo sholas." My light.

She huffed, "Oh you will be. I'll make sure of it." I was in for it now. Thanks a lot brother.

Laceria's POV

It was late by the time I went to my room for the night. I stood on my balcony in my robe, staring up at the stars. Just once, I want to receive a message from them that will be useful. If only I had been paying attention to the stars eight years ago I would have learned about the great devastation that would happen to many on dad's birthday. It was written in the stars, but word didn't get to the palace in time from any who could read the stars. Not never my dad bothered to look. If he did, then he would've kept us at home.

Arms wrapped around my waist, "Anything mo leughadair?" I sighed as I leaned into Atros, "Nothing. Just once, I would like to know something." "I'm sure they haven't said anything, because they themselves know nothing," he said to me. "And that's what terrifies me the most," I confessed to him in a whisper. The gods usually know and see all, but Deckland has somehow hidden himself with the dark and forbidden arts.

He placed a kiss to my neck, "Come to bed. It's late." Atros and I are sleeping in the same bed again tonight because after yesterday, his instincts are urging him to not let me out of his sights. He won't feel comfortable doing so until he is sure all secret entrances have been found and permanently sealed to prevent anymore attacks inside the castle. I was more than okay with that because I didn't feel like being alone for that very reason.

I nodded and went into the room with him. Terris and Star laid on the end of my bed. When Star became full grown, it would truly be crowded until we got a bigger bed. Luckily for now she was still a pup. I took off my robe before crawling into the bed. I laid my head on Atros' chest. I looked out the windows at the sky. Just one message. That's all we need.