Chapter 6

"Gods it's so hot here," Atros said when we landed. "Well, it's the middle of summer here," Lui said to him. Laceria smacked him in the back of the head, "Don't be an ass. He's only lived in the cold tundra so of course he isn't going to be used to the warmer temperatures." Lui rubbed the back of his head, "You didn't have to hit me." "Can we not fight shortly after landing," I asked them, while crossing my arms. "Sorry mom," they said in unison while Yulen laughed at them. 

Many of the Legion had gathered when they saw the dragons flying near the castle. "Any luck finding the Heart," Waylend asked us. "It's being protected by a settlement of ice Fae," Balthazar answered. "From here going forward, since demons can't live in the icy tundra, they'll continue to protect it. They're now an official part of the Legion. They will also be assisting in searching for Deckland, and if it comes down to it, they'll assist in the war." 

"Who do we answer to once we establish communications," Doc asked, not even questioning Balthazar. "Queen Azula's father, Rothlas and her mother Yina," Balthazar answered. "Their whereabouts does not leave this group. Understood?" They all saluted, "Yes sir." We then went inside where Sarshay, Mokoto, and Jenson were waiting for us inside. 

Sarshay smiled and bowed, "Glad to see you made it back safely your highnesses." "Atros, these are our servants, Sarshay and Mokoto, and their son Jenson," I introduced. "This is my cousin Atros, he will be staying with us for a while." "It is nice to meet you," Mokoto said with a nod. "Azula is the one who does the cooking in this part of the castle, but you can come to us for anything else," Sarshay told Atros. Atros nodded and Sarshay took him to one of our guest rooms while we all went to our own rooms to put our things away. 

Balthazar removed his coat and tossed it on to the side of the bed, "I could use a shower." I then watched as he removed his shirt. I nodded, "Yeah, a shower sounds nice." He chuckled softly as I went into the bathroom to get the water ready. I was taking off my clothes when he came in. He took down my hair and ran his fingers through it. "I enjoy seeing you smile like this," he said to me. "Lately it's been nothing but looks of worry as the time inches closer. I'm happy to have found a break in that for you." He pulled me closer to him and kissed me softly. 

When we stepped into the shower we washed while caressing the other every now and then until he picked me up, pinning me to the wall. He kissed me before I could say anything. I moaned when I felt his cock enter me. I hadn't realized it's been so long since we last made love. We were so busy and stressed, that it's been nearly six months. "I'm going to devour you," he said against my lips before turning off the water and taking me to our bed where he began to make good on his word.

Laceria's POV

I walked through the hallways towards the library when I saw Atros watching the Legion train through the window. Every time I saw him, I felt the pull of the bond. I had been scared that I was going to leave him behind without getting to know him. He turned when he saw me, his silver eyes sparkling in the sunlight, his long white hair braided back. Neither of us have talked about the bond, but since he hasn't made the move to reject me, I guess that's a good thing. Right? 

When he approached me, I stopped walking. "Can we talk," he asked me. I nodded, "I'm on my way to the library, we can talk there." He nodded and followed me. My heart slammed in my chest as we walked. Could he hear it with his enhanced Fae hearing? Growing up, mother was able to hear the faintest of whispers so maybe he could hear my heart slamming into my ribs. 

In the library I took him to my favorite spot. It was in the back of the library, away from everyone else who uses it. I sat on the couch my father had put in here for me and he sat in the arm chair. "It's not that I don't want this, there are just a couple of things I'm not sure I'm comfortable with," he said to me. "I'm guessing the biggest one is my mother," I asked him. He nodded, "Although not blood, you're my cousin's daughter. Another thing is the age difference." "We're immortal, age shouldn't really matter since we're both adults," I told him. "Hell, my dad is almost five centuries old and my mom isn't even fifty yet."  If I was still a child then okay, I would see where he is coming from, but I'm nineteen. So what if the teen word is still in my age? 

"In Fae tradition your not considered an adult until you're of drinking age, which is twenty one," he told me. "I understand for demons you can meet your mates at the age of sixteen. The Fae can too, but they don't mate until they're twenty one. The male spends that time courting the female. In order for me to court you though, I need your parents' permission." "So you want to court me for two years," I asked him. 

He nodded, "I'm a patient man. However, although we aren't mated, my instincts will still take over when it comes to you. I will try to suppress them." I shook my head, "Don't. I'm more than used to Fae instincts. My father fully encouraged my mother's instincts. It made their relationship better because of it. I want to have a relationship like that." He studied me for a moment before nodding, "Okay." 

As we talked my brothers intruded. "Laceria," Yulen said while plopping down on the couch. "Mom is being held captive by dad so she isn't able to make us food." He was acting pathetically, acting like he was dying. Lui then followed suit on the other side of me, "We're starving!" "Mom taught you both how to cook," I said to them. "But that's so much work," Yulen whined. "Then order pizza," I suggested. "We spent all of our allowance," Lui told me, and I instantly knew where this was going. 

"Will you order the pizza and we pay you back when we get next month's allowance," Yulen asked me. I hate being right sometimes. I looked at Atros, "Would you like some pizza?" "It's been awhile since I've had that," he said with a nod. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and my brothers cheered like idiots. I rolled my eyes with a sigh. 

When the pizza arrived we went to the media room and watched movies. When Atros went to bed for the night, Lui paused the movie and looked at me. "Why were you two in the library together," he asked me. "He's my mate," I told them. Their eyes widened and jaws dropped. "He wont mate with me until I'm twenty one though because of Fae traditions. He's going to get mom and dad's permission to court me though." "A two year courtship with a Fae," Yulen asked with a chuckle. "How is that going to be with his instincts?" I shrugged, "I don't know. He said he would suppress them, but I told him not too. His instincts are part of who he is, and I want to know who he is through and through." 

My brothers then tackled me in a hug. "Our baby sister is all grown up now," Yulen fake cried. Then Lui joined in with his fake crying. I shoved them off of me and they hit the floor while laughing. "You guys are idiots," I said while rolling my eyes. "Yes, we are, but you love us anyways," Lui said with a smile. "You have no proof of that," I told them. "You gave us food, that's all the proof we need," Yulen declared. "After all, the best way to get to a man's heart is through his stomach." "I didn't think you had one," I said with a smile. 

He glared, "I have more of a heart than you do." "I could have just gotten pizza for Atros and I, and let you both starve," I told him. His jaw dropped a little, "Such a cruel thought. You've been spending too much time with dad. You're picking up on his torture tactics." I shook my head as I stood, "I'm going to bed. Don't forget to clean up your mess or mom will kill you." I went to my room and got ready for bed. 

I laid on my bed, and looked up at constellations my parents had paid to have painted on my ceiling. Two years of courtship. With this war coming, will I even make it my twenty first birthday?