Chapter 19

Atros' POV

After Deckland's appearance everyone became unsettled. It became clear to us not even in the day we were safe. The bodies began to get cleaned up while Laceria and I went to change out of our swim wear and get our minor injuries healed. I was back in the main part of the castle where Balthazar and Azula were talking to some of Balthazar's legion members. I noticed Terris, and my cousins' wolves Galic, Seto, and Merge, were sniffing in two different spots on the floor and the air. The same spots where Deckland's projection had levitated. 

"Rian," I ordered Terris, the word for track in our language. He gave a soft bark and the four of them went further into the castle. Balthazar and Azula noticed and followed us. "How do they have a scent now," Azula asked as we followed them. "It's possible the magic he's been doing had altered his scent so they weren't able to track it because it wasn't the same," I answered. "How could they get his scent from a projection," Balthazar asked. "Because when you project yourself, your scent is tied to that," Azula answered and I nodded. 

The wolves lead us to a wall in an often unused part of the castle. Balthazar and I checked for a hidden entrance, and when we found it, a door swung open. "Let's get the others," Balthazar said and we agreed. 

This time we wore our leather fighting gear to better protect ourselves from the claws of the things in Deckland's army. The door explains how they were able to get into the castle undetected until it was too late. I looked down at Laceria who wore her black leather and had her hair up. I didn't say anything to her, simply lowered my head down to kiss her. The kiss was slow and sweet. We didn't know what was gonna happen and that did have me worried. When we parted from our kiss, it was time to go. 

Yulen's POV

Finding out the wolves had caught a scent, gave me hope that we could put an end to the upcoming war. I had to see them first before I went in, in case I didn't come back out. I appeared outside of the tower and knocked on the door, wanting to be polite and not intrude in case they were doing something private. Stark opened the door with a smile until he saw my leather. "What's going on Yulen," he asked me as Kora and Bloom came up behind him. "We had been attacked at the castle. Deckland was able to magically black out our windows and have some of his army enter the castle through a hidden entrance," I shared with them. "We got them taken care of but we found the entrance and we're hoping it'll lead us to Deckland, and stop this war. We don't know what we're going to find, so I wanted to see you all incase I don't leave wherever it is the tunnel takes us too." 

Their eyes watered and mine felt like they were burning. They were then hugging me and I wrapped my arms around them enjoying their scents. For them and for my family I will make it out of this alive. They each gave me a kiss that told me of their unspoken worries. When it was time I go I gave them one last smile before transporting back to the castle. 

Vidya was there with Lui, giving him a kiss, a glowing bottle in his hands. "Be careful," she said to him. "I will," Lui said. "Thank you for this." He tucked the glowing bottle away and she walked away, looking over her shoulder at him. "You ready," he asked me. "Hell no," I said to him. He nodded, "Neither am I." "So what is it that she gave you," I asked him. "Light of Oria liquified in case one of us get's hit with that poison. She said if gotten to the injury in time, only a drop should be needed." The vial was filled to the brim so it should be enough for all of us if needed. Hopefully it won't be though. 

When it was time to go in, dad and Atros were first with Terris leading as he tracked the scent, then Norzic, Zilan, and Reese. Mom gave us a soft smile before she followed after them then I followed her with Lui and Laceria behind us. As we went further in, the tunnel hell lead to a set of stairs that went underground. Laceria summoned some light for us to see before we began to take them. The stairs lead to a tunnel that widened for us to walk side by side. Lui and I had Laceria move to walk beside mom so it was him and I at the end, watching everyone's backs.