Found out

———————————————————————————————

-(Y/N) POV-

Two years.

It sounds like a long time, but that wasn't exactly true in my case. I won't say something like, "it felt far shorter than two years", because it didn't. Two years is two years, and nothing that happened during that time had made it any shorter. But still, when you have a direction to move in, a destination to progress towards, you don't really care for how long it takes.

A week after I had that talk with Chiyori, we moved back to Hosu like we planned. Almost as soon as we were back in the city, Eiji ran off to visit Sena with Rin tagging along while I showed Chiyori to the apartment. While she had seen Hosu once before through Visiting me with Artificial Convergence, she really seemed to enjoy the change of scenery. That was only to be expected after all that time she spent in one room. She had me show her round the entire city during the week after we arrived, so we kept busy for a bit before I resumed my training.

At the end of the touring week, I redesigned everyone's schedules to work around each other and we all promised to follow them. Now, I'm not one to basically remove social interaction in favour of training, so these schedules weren't very intensive. Overall, they only amounted to either learning fighting styles or building personal ones, while also performing various exercises to stay fit enough to use those styles. I had to rewrite the schedules many times as we got older and stronger, but all in all, training went smoothly.

There was also the social element of our lives, of which we weren't great at. We didn't actively avoid people, but we didn't exactly try to make friends with people our own age either. The four of us more or less kept to ourselves, even amongst the Orders on our floor of the apartment building. The only people we really talked to outside of our group were Iyo and Sena, with some exceptions being when we asked for some advice for training. None of us minded being with ourselves; it was rather peaceful, and it wasn't like we couldn't be social. We just preferred not to be, even if we'd have to talk to people when we went to UA.

Anyway, those two years are done and dusted. Currently, our group of four had split off into twos and were searching a nearby shopping centre for gifts. Christmas gifts, to be precise. This time last year, there was a blip in Sena's condition, so Christmas was essentially cancelled for the four of us. We still handed gifts around, but the mood was considerably subdued. That's why I was looking forward to this year's Christmas, which was in a few days.

Eiji: So, any ideas about what you're going to get the girls? Also, if you have any spare ideas, can I borrow them? I'm drawing a blank.

(Y/N): I have ideas. Spare? No. But ideas? Yes. So no, I don't know what you can get your girlfriend for Christmas. That feels like something you should figure out yourself.

He turned away from looking through the window of a jewellery store and blinked at me a few times. He seemed confused, making me question whether he knew about Rin's growing feelings for him and, more importantly, how to avoid her wrath when she finds out I told Eiji.

Eiji: Girlfriend? Rin?

(Y/N): Are you not? Most, if not all of your downtime is spent with each other, either lounging around at home or wandering about the city. You always jump to the other's defence, even on the smallest of matters. And quite frankly, the amount of pictures me and Chiyori have of you two leaning on each other while sleeping on the couch could fill a photo album.

It was the last comment that caught him out. Up until then, he'd been able to keep a straight face, but as soon as I mentioned the pictures, I saw a light tint of red creep onto his face. That only lasted for a few seconds though, before he shook his head and went back to looking through shop windows that we passed.