A little more interesting

Let's see how well this turns out, shall we?

-------------------------------

-??? POV-

What if, you could have any wish granted?
What would you wish for?

High school girl: I want to be a singer.

Homeless guy: I wish for wealth.

Drunk guy: I want to possess eternal life!

Various people would wish for different things. And they are certainly all wishes for what they believe to be happiness. But all wishes have secrets at their centre. She who wants what another has, is nothing more than jealous. He who wishes to possess what he does not, is held back by obsession. He who wants to see time fly by, while he stands unaffected, is just afraid of what will come next.

Self-interest lies at the core of everyone's wish. That is what makes my power so interesting. I can make that wish come true. I got everything that I wanted. Every wish I ever had, fulfilled, thanks to my power.

I wished for freedom, and I can now leave the ground behind and take to the skies.
I wished to travel the world, and can now be anywhere I want to be.
I wished to see the world unfold, and will be alive at the end of time.
I wished for a place to be myself, and can now enter a room of my own, born from my mind.
And when I was constantly bothered because I had a powerful ability, I wished to be forgotten about. People forgot my name, Daisy, and I am now an unknown figure, who looks for something to do with this life that I wished for.

But my own life grew boring after that. With my wishes granted, I had no dreams left to pursue. It was something that I learned too late. Wandering the world grew tiresome, so I left the world behind, retreating to my personal space that I created. There was nothing interesting for me to do there either, so I would traverse the globe every few years. After that time spent bored, I wished for something just a little more interesting to happen.

Upon one of these trips around the planet, I found news of a child being born. One whose body gave off light. After that, reports of people with special abilities kept appearing around the world. No one knew what caused it, but the world just got a lot better in my eyes.

That was a little over a hundred years ago, and a lot has changed. Now, over eighty percent of the population possess some kind of special trait. People now live in a superhuman society, and the supernatural has become normal.

With the introduction of these "quirks", as they were becoming known as, crime rates increased. There were people who fought against them, using their own quirks, but were labelled as vigilantes. This lead to an uproar among the public, leading to the creation of a new government division. The Pro Hero association, where being a hero became a government paid profession.

However, there was something that I didn't like about this new world.

There were people who didn't have quirks, an these people were often treated as below those with powerful quirks. The quirkless were seen as abnormalities among the superhuman populace, and often made to feel like their lives were nothing without a quirk. The ones that were once normal were now considered wrong, and I wanted to do something about it.

I would grant their wish. One wish, granted to the people who have suffered most just because they don't have the power that others possess. I started out with a boy who was left on the streets because of his quirklessness. He couldn't have been older than five, but he had been abandoned all the same.

I appeared in front of him, scaring the poor child. I was a girl with light pink hair and eyes with a cross in them. I was wearing a white top and a drapery, along with black leggings and yellow boots. I thought that my sudden appearance, along with my clothes and the fact that I was floating in the air, would be enough to startle anyone.